trouble with movement speed reductions

HalosNTariff

Reaction score
Hi, I'm making a map and a few of my abilities concern the reduction of a targets movement speed. Mostly there are no problems however on high levels some of the spells are supposed to reduce the targets speed by 100%, presumedly this should reduce their speed to 0 and stop them moving?

However it doesn't seem to have any affect at all. Is it hard coded that a units speed cannot be reduced to 0?

Also I made a custom spell based on Earthquake and set the speed reduction to 100%. I then added custom buffs and effects. My custom buff should have the feezing breath animation (a large block of ice surrounding the target) but when i cast the spell it still applies the Earthquake buff to affected units (a red spiral overhead) anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks in advance.

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
Is it hard coded that a units speed cannot be reduced to 0?
Advanced - Gameplay Constants - Movement - Minimum Movement speed (or something) - 0.00
Entangling roots is also a good choice.

HalosNTariff

Reaction score
Ah, many thanks, I always forget to check Gameplay Constants.

Anyone know why Earthquake retains its original buff even when I change it? Is it hardcoded? I can only assume that because Earthquake makes nearby terrain shake the buff cannot be changed?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.