Trouble With Orb of Slow/Lightning Modifications

brized

Reaction score
I've done searches and found several related topics, such as "how to make maim", and similar. The majority of the responses include suggesting modifying Orb of Slow or Orb of Lighting and just changing the effect that is cast when the % chance activates. Responders said they've verified that it works.

However when I do this, the unit I put the orb effect on doesn't ever cast the new ability. I also tried putting on the default Orb of Lightning ability on the unit, and it wouldn't ever cast purge, even after I put the % chance on hit to 100. I've tried both including and excluding the %-based ability in addition to the orb ability, and neither way will the unit cast the %-based ability. There has to be something I'm missing. Any idea what that could be? I'm using WEU. I'll post screenshots of the ability data if needed.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
could it be that the unit already has some orb effect? flaming arrows, frost arrows, lifesteal, any other orb could interfere and prevent the unit from using your orb of slow/lightning.

brized

Reaction score
Hmm...I must've had one ability as an item ability at some point. I just tried it (I could have sworn I had done it before) with the unit having both abilities and both abilities being non-item and it finally worked. Thanks!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.