two more questions.

BlightWarden

Reaction score
using the hero tavern tut trigger, i am seeing duplicate messages when a hero is selected. how do i get only a single message for each hero selected.

Exsample of problem.

Chosen Player has selected Tauren (this msg appears twice on screen and i only want it to show 1 time)

Here is trigger.

Events
Unit - A unit Sells a unit
Conditions
((Sold unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
Actions
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)
Game - Display to (All players) the text: (A player has chosen + (Name of (Sold unit)))
Selection - Select (Sold unit) for (Owner of (Sold unit))

what do i do to removed the double post?

Second Question is.

After selecting a hero from a tavern, i want the circles of power owned by the players who have chosen a hero to be removed so the players can no longer see the taverns (the taverns are in a seperate location than the play area). what trigger do i need to remove the COP after i get my hero? Or how do i change ownership of a COP to Neutral passive, that would solve it also.

if you can provide the path to the trigger i would be grateful.
I dont use Jass so please make the trigger in Gui standard editor format.

thanks for any and all replies.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> i am seeing duplicate messages when a hero is selected

You're looping through All Players and displaying the message to All Players. It will display as many times as there are players in the game.

> what trigger do i need to remove the COP after i get my hero?

A simple Unit - Remove actions should do it.

BlightWarden

Reaction score
> i am seeing duplicate messages when a hero is selected

You're looping through All Players and displaying the message to All Players. It will display as many times as there are players in the game.

> what trigger do i need to remove the COP after i get my hero?

A simple Unit - Remove actions should do it.

so how do i get the message to display once for all players? so as it is right now i see the message twice, and i am the only player +2 comps.

i dont understand where the action would be to remove the COP. can you provide the path?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> so how do i get the message to display once for all players?

Move the actions outside of the Player Group loop.

> i dont understand where the action would be to remove the COP. can you provide the path?

Did you find the Unit - Remove action? That's what you need. You just need to supply the unit that will be removed. In this case, the circle of power.

BlightWarden

Reaction score
wow. thanks a ton Ghan 04. i moved the msg trigger Above the loop action so that fixed the double posting!
and the Unit-Remove-Picked Unit- Circle of Power works perfectly!

two other questions since i have the chance.
i would like to change the message to show which player chose the hero.
exsample. Current Msg "Chosen Player has Selected"
What i would like the msg to be " Player 1 has Selected"
ofcourse i will need to repeat the trigger for each player.

if i have more than 1 circle of power owned by a player, do i need to remove each exactly the same as i am now? or is there something else i should do?

each player will probably have 4-5 circle of powers needing to be removed after hero is selected because there are alot of taverns to choose from.

thanks aton for the help.:)

velnias

Reaction score
Code:
Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Picked player)) +  has selected)

make this in loop

BlightWarden

Reaction score
Code:
Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Picked player)) +  has selected)

make this in loop

if i place it within the loop, it double posts the same message. iv already fixed the problem thaks to Ghan 04 by removing the message and placing it Before the loop takes affect. every player will now read the msg 1 time.

but i still need help with the specific player msgs.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
velnias gave you the way to display the Player name but since you want the Player number

Code:
events- (you should know)
actions- Game - Display message to All players:  Player + (Player Number of (Owner of (Sold Unit))) has selected (Unit name of (Sold Unit)
there could be an easier way to do it but oh well (im tired)

personally i'd rather do player Name has selected but its your choice

velnias

Reaction score
sry dont understand your question my englis bad :p

try this

Code:
Game - Display to (Player group((Picked player))) the text: ((Name of (Picked player)) +  has selected)

in loop again :p

BlightWarden

Reaction score
>Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Picked player)) + has selected)

sorry velnias i mis-read your trigger, im a bit tired. thats what i wanted.
thanks very much. also thanks to cleeezzz. if i can find a way to include both name and number i will do that. thanks.:)

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
maybe

Code:
Player Name of (Owner of (Sold Unit)) + (Player + (Player Number of (Owner of (Sold Unit)) + ) has Selected + Name of (Sold Unit)

so it should look like this

cleeezzz (Player 1) has selected ______

there both are in it :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.