Two problems Two Questions ++Rep

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
Alright hope you guys can help here it goes.

Problem 1:
Straight forward problem, whenever i click quit to exit the game my computer freezes if i have been on the battle.net sometimes it will quit after 20-30 seconds other times it just stays locked up.

This may be connected, whenever i hit options it unexpectedly quits, i now use option button as my quit button so it doesnt lock up. I know its real screwed up.
Please note im on a mac so uninstalling requires me to put everything into the trash then delete so its a little more of a hastle to reinstall the game. None are directly interfering with play until now which leads to problem two.

Problem 2:
According to this which i have read a dozen times i need access to the options button to host.

The problem is i can't and the question i have here is, is there anyway without touching my firewall whatsoever to host. This is my main computer and it is not my internet and it is fire walled. I do not pay for this internet nor do i have the account with AT&T to change ports to close or open or anything. Is this simply a "we're sorry" thing there is no other way to do it or is there.

I might be mis understanding, is there a way for me to open port 6112 without going to the online AT&T account, IE is it on my computer here and i misread and really don't have to do anything special then change something here on my computer or is it on the account online. please clarify very well i have never used firewalls before or had problems hosting till i moved here, i need to be able to host my maps so if someone can explain to me the above question or problem is fixable or if not exactly what i need to do the easiest way to host.

Thank you for your help, +rep all day for intelligent answers that work.

Edit: Occasionally important to note than im on a mac.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I never had to change anything besides my router's config page to host, have you tried just using your router to forward it to your computer?

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
to forward port 6112? i am not sure the router is not in my room, do you mean physically going to it and changing something? Can you pull up your routers config page through wireless connection, because im typing it into search on my computer and nothing is coming up.

not completely ignorant so i looked this up for macs
Guide
looks pretty right to me, talks about forwarding ports without having to turn firewall off, so give me a thumbs up if this is what i need to do and if so, do i need a password to do this? << last question except for my game crashing above.

Edit: Do i need to get into game options in warcraft to select port, because thats impossible, or is it just the port forward TCP UDP thing that you set for between 6112 and 6119

Update:
Blizzard support solved the crashing problem when i go to options by having me reinstall which i figured i would have to do. However despite following the guides i am still unable to host. I went to options and then gameplay and it says for the port 6112, and then some other setting under that.
I now went to system preferences sharing and firewall which by the way isnt even turned on and added a network.

Other
TCP # 6112
UDP # 6112
Description : Hosting

go to battle.net and make a dota game and still nothing after waiting for 60 seconds.
Am i missing something?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
you need to get to your router's config page and make it forward port 6112, you can do this wirelessly, you just need to type in it's address (something like 192.168.123.xxx) - this should be written on it somewhere, as well as the default username and password, that is the one mandatory step (if you use a router), everything else is if it doesn't work after that

also B.net's custom game hosting is kinda messed up(flooded by bots), their list only fits 30 games, so it's possible that the list is full and yours doesn't even show up on the list

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.