Two problems Two Questions ++Rep

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
Alright hope you guys can help here it goes.

Problem 1:
Straight forward problem, whenever i click quit to exit the game my computer freezes if i have been on the battle.net sometimes it will quit after 20-30 seconds other times it just stays locked up.

This may be connected, whenever i hit options it unexpectedly quits, i now use option button as my quit button so it doesnt lock up. I know its real screwed up.
Please note im on a mac so uninstalling requires me to put everything into the trash then delete so its a little more of a hastle to reinstall the game. None are directly interfering with play until now which leads to problem two.

Problem 2:
According to this which i have read a dozen times i need access to the options button to host.

The problem is i can't and the question i have here is, is there anyway without touching my firewall whatsoever to host. This is my main computer and it is not my internet and it is fire walled. I do not pay for this internet nor do i have the account with AT&T to change ports to close or open or anything. Is this simply a "we're sorry" thing there is no other way to do it or is there.

I might be mis understanding, is there a way for me to open port 6112 without going to the online AT&T account, IE is it on my computer here and i misread and really don't have to do anything special then change something here on my computer or is it on the account online. please clarify very well i have never used firewalls before or had problems hosting till i moved here, i need to be able to host my maps so if someone can explain to me the above question or problem is fixable or if not exactly what i need to do the easiest way to host.

Thank you for your help, +rep all day for intelligent answers that work.

Edit: Occasionally important to note than im on a mac.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I never had to change anything besides my router's config page to host, have you tried just using your router to forward it to your computer?

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
to forward port 6112? i am not sure the router is not in my room, do you mean physically going to it and changing something? Can you pull up your routers config page through wireless connection, because im typing it into search on my computer and nothing is coming up.

not completely ignorant so i looked this up for macs
Guide
looks pretty right to me, talks about forwarding ports without having to turn firewall off, so give me a thumbs up if this is what i need to do and if so, do i need a password to do this? << last question except for my game crashing above.

Edit: Do i need to get into game options in warcraft to select port, because thats impossible, or is it just the port forward TCP UDP thing that you set for between 6112 and 6119

Update:
Blizzard support solved the crashing problem when i go to options by having me reinstall which i figured i would have to do. However despite following the guides i am still unable to host. I went to options and then gameplay and it says for the port 6112, and then some other setting under that.
I now went to system preferences sharing and firewall which by the way isnt even turned on and added a network.

Other
TCP # 6112
UDP # 6112
Description : Hosting

go to battle.net and make a dota game and still nothing after waiting for 60 seconds.
Am i missing something?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
you need to get to your router's config page and make it forward port 6112, you can do this wirelessly, you just need to type in it's address (something like 192.168.123.xxx) - this should be written on it somewhere, as well as the default username and password, that is the one mandatory step (if you use a router), everything else is if it doesn't work after that

also B.net's custom game hosting is kinda messed up(flooded by bots), their list only fits 30 games, so it's possible that the list is full and yours doesn't even show up on the list

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.