two questions on opening doors and damage reduction by type

Tar-Quaeron

Reaction score
Hello,

Why does this trigger not work to close a door once it´s been opened?

Event: every 1 s of gametime
Conditions:
Actions: pick every unit in (region in front of door) and do (multiple actions)
Add picked unit to (unit group variable=frontdoor)
If, then, multiple actions,
If frontdoor is empty=True
Close door
Else
Clear frontdoor

Secondly I would have liked to create a spell based on defend which
costs mana
has a duration and cooldown
can still be deactivated before the duration ends
and which gives damage reduction to everything except magic and spell attacks
gives additional damage reduction to piercing attacks

I saw this post where in JASS there were some functions which recognised damage type. It looked quite complicated, (I have no knowledge of JASS) and you had to reconfigure the whole map to work with it. Is there a way to do this in GUI ? Is there other ways in JASS which work with the way the normal blizzard abilities/attacks deal with damage type?

Thank you so much for your help

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
First, please show us the whole trigger ;)
(And, so you don't write everything, you can copy the trigger as text by Right-clicking the trigger-name inside the trigger-window, and there select "Copy as text" and then paste it between [noparse]
Trigger:
[/noparse] tags ;))

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
Hello,

Why does this trigger not work to close a door once it´s been opened?

Event: every 1 s of gametime
Conditions:
Actions: pick every unit in (region in front of door) and do (multiple actions)
Add picked unit to (unit group variable=frontdoor)
If, then, multiple actions,
If frontdoor is empty=True
Close door
Else
Clear frontdoor

probably because DOORs ins't units?

also where's the second question? :nuts:

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Yeah, doors are destructibles and that should work apart from a few things:
Trigger:
  • Open and Close Door
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit leaves Region 1 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempGroup = (Units in Region 1 <gen>)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of units in TempGroup) Less than or equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Destructible - Close Demonic Gate (Diagonal 1) 0000 <gen>
        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)

Tar-Quaeron

Reaction score
Sorry I don´t have the computer with the trigger right now. I suppose the question might be counted as irrelevant until then. :)
But the idea is to have one trigger which opens the door when a unit enters the region in front of the door, which I have set, and works. Then, the door closes once there is no units in front of the door. So I pick units in front of the door, put them in the unit group variable. If the unit group is empty, no picked up units, the door closes. Else you empty the unit group variable, so that the trigger works correctly for the next time.

Thanks

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Just use the trigger I posted you you should be fine ;)

(The Region 1 <gen> is the region in front of the gate :D)

Tar-Quaeron

Reaction score
Wonderful your trigger works. Thank you very much. I still don't understand why mine didn't. Here it is, just in case. Probably because you can't add picked unit to a unit group if there were no picked units at all??
Trigger:
  • close second door
    • Evénements
      • Temps - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • Groupe unité - Pick every unit in (Units in Région deuxieme porte &lt;gen&gt;) and do (Actions)
          • Boucle - Actions
            • Groupe unité - Add (Picked unit) to seconddoor
            • If ((seconddoor is empty) Egal Ã_ TRUE) then do (Destructible - Fermer Porte de fer (Horizontal) 0001 &lt;gen&gt;) else do (Groupe unité - Remove all units from seconddoor)

Oh man, since my editor is in french, the tags can't recognize most of the functions. I think it might still be understandable.

It's a shame, nobody replied to the second question, whether/how it is possible to build an ability giving different kind of damage reductions depending on the type of damage.
Trigger:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.