Two spell issues.

Freespace03

Reaction score
Greetings!
I've got two spells on my mind I really need to create, but some parts of the spells are to tricky for me, as I'm still learning all this stuff. :p
Soo, I'll post the description of the spells and exactly what my problem is, hoping to get some answers!
Ok, here goes:

Consume Magic (Instant Cast)
Causes the [Hero] to consume up to 2 / 3 / 4 buffs,
granting her 50 / 75 / 100 mana for each buff consumed.
Cooldown: 20 seconds
Mana: 0 (Maybe 10)​

I'm afraid there is no action that allows me to remove a set amount of buffs, so what should I do ? Run a series of If/Then/Else?
That'd be a lot if I am to include every magical buff in the game. -.-
Next one:

Arcane Havoc (On/Off)
Causes the [Hero]s attacks to bounce up to 1 / 2 / 3 times,
and explode at the last target for 25 / 50 / 75 damage to all units within 20 yards.
Mana (per attack): 14​

The bouncing attack is a piece of cake, I simply used the Moon Glaive upgrade, but how do I make the exploding part?
I'd create a dummy to cast something like Frost Nova, but how do I know who to cast it on ? I might also be way off ^^

Help and information on this would be lovely.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
umm there's a normal spell for the first one, its called devour magic and it's under undead, the destroyers have it

for the next 1 i think using a "event a unit is damaged" and checking that the damage source is the hero u want should work, but disable it temporarily if the hero casts a damaging spell (just when the damage is taken, then resume it) if you want to base it off of moon glaive, but it would probably be better to trigger a chain spell

p.s. distances in wc3 are measured in pixels, and movement speeds in pixels per second

Freespace03

Reaction score
Well devour magic doesn't exactly do the job, but I've figured a way out that makes it. ;) Thanks!
However I'm not quite satisfied with the second suggestion.. It should be much easier than that, imo.. I'll stick around and see if anything else comes up :)
And thanks again.

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
For the second question; have 2 triggers. First one runs when the hero attacks.
All it does is to set an integer variable to 0.
Then a second trigger to detect when a unit takes damage. Set YourInteger to YourInteger + 1, and with an if-then-else action detect if the counter is at X value, and create explosion, and stuff.
If you want the explosion always on the last unit, you can check if the unit taking damage has any more friendly units nearby who could be hurt with the bounce.
A little bunch of triggers, but not hard.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
well the real way would be something like this, what i said was just a shortcut that might work

Code:
event - a unit takes damage
conditions - (damage source) has buff (arcane havoc) equal to true
actions -
 if (mana of (damage source)) is greater then 14,
then  set mana of (damage source) to (mana of damage source - 14)
else skip remaining actions
set (caster) = (damage source)
set (target) to (triggering unit)
loop for each intiger A from 1 to (level of arcane havoc for (caster)
cause (caster) to damage (target) dealing (event - damage taken)..
if (intiger A) is equal to (level of (arcane havoc) for (caster) 
then cause (caster) to damage an area of 200 dealing (level of arcane havoc for caster x 25) after 0.0 seconds at (position of target)
else pick every unit within (bounce range) of (position of target) matching.. (ur conditions here, living, enemies of caster, not spell immune)
set target = (picked unit)

Freespace03

Reaction score
I apologize for being a bit slow, but. Will that trigger cause the last target (and only the last target) to be the position of the explotion?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
edited, now it will, i thought u wanted multiple explosions, sry
u should add special effects where the damage is also dealt, since right now it will just deal the damage and there isnt any art

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.