Unit disappear?!

Wratox1

Reaction score
Okay this is really wierd! i have a hero selection system where a wisp enters a "c o p" (circle of power) and you get a hero..

well the wierd thing that now im making somethings look nicer, atm its the positions of the hero behind the "c o p", but i dont really how something can go wrong when you use the "move unit(instantly)" action?

when i use this action on one of my heroes it just disappear?!:confused::confused:

here's my trigger:
Trigger:
  • Selector
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move Sylvanas Windrunner 0000 <gen> instantly to ((Position of Circle of Power 0020 <gen>) offset by (-160.00, -160.00))
      • Unit - Move Jaina 0002 <gen> instantly to ((Position of Circle of Power 0021 <gen>) offset by (0.00, -160.00))
      • Unit - Move Muradin Bronzebeard 0003 <gen> instantly to ((Position of Circle of Power 0022 <gen>) offset by (0.00, -160.00))
      • Unit - Move Arthas (wielding Frostmourne) 0004 <gen> instantly to ((Position of Circle of Power 0023 <gen>) offset by (0.00, -160.00))
      • Unit - Move Antonidas 0005 <gen> instantly to ((Position of Circle of Power 0024 <gen>) offset by (0.00, -160.00))
      • Unit - Move Tyrande 0047 <gen> instantly to ((Position of Circle of Power 0025 <gen>) offset by (0.00, -160.00))
      • Unit - Move Lord Garithos 0001 <gen> instantly to ((Position of Circle of Power 0026 <gen>) offset by (160.00, -160.00))
      • Region - Center Selector spawn <gen> on (Center of Hero Select <gen>)
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players matching (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Selector for (Picked player) at (Center of Selector spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Picked player) emitting Visibility across (Entire map)

and the unit who disappear is Tyrande..

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Why not just place them in those positions in the Terrain Editor ?!
Why the %ell would you do such a simple thing by triggers ? :S

jomik

Reaction score
lol, and doesn't your (Position of Circle of Power Nn <gen) and the offset location leak? :p
Place them in the trigger editor? Also, let us see the trigger you use for choosing?

Wratox1

Reaction score
to make the units stand exactly in a line and such, and that i can never do by hand..

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Of course you can, just look at the coordinates in the bottom left corner, and also zoom in alot ! :D

Wratox1

Reaction score
lol, and doesn't your (Position of Circle of Power Nn <gen) and the offset location leak? :p
Place them in the trigger editor? Also, let us see the trigger you use for choosing?

yeah ur right it leaks, but i dont care about that atm, yea maybe i didnt think about placing them with triggers:eek::eek:
and atm its just that trigger that does something with that hero... im not really done with the selection system i have just done one trigger which im gonna copy for all heroes when im done..

Immolation

Reaction score
Man, come on, no one will never notice that.

Remember that, since you are the developer, you see things that the normal player might completly not notice.

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Why not just use degrees ? :S

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by 160.00 towards 225.00 degrees), facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by 160.00 towards 270.00 degrees), facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by 160.00 towards 270.00 degrees), facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by 160.00 towards 315.00 degrees), facing Default building facing degrees

Just replace Triggering unit with the pre-placed units, and (Center of (Playable map area)) with the c o p positions ;)

Wratox1

Reaction score
Man, come on, no one will never notice that.

Remember that, since you are the developer, you see things that the normal player might completly not notice.

but i want the heroes to stand in a straight line... and besides i still havent got an answer on my first post.. why is the unit disappearing?!

nah, i think i might remove all the heroes and create the with triggers instead, i choosed "move unit(instantly)" because the heroes allready face the right degrees, and it was much easier..

Finestdeath

Reaction score
Did you double check the offset range and that Tyrande is entering the right region? Maybe you placed the wrong region for Tyrande? However, I would go with Komaqtion's trigger instead though. You can trigger them to face a certain degree. Though there are leaks, you can clear them easily :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.