Unit - Issue Order Targeting a Unit/Point

Xebarsis

Reaction score
I want to be able to order a unit to cast an ability on a unit. I also want to be able to order a unit to cast an ability on a point. However, I don't see either of these features in Starcraft 2.

I can order a unit to cast an ability that involves only pushing one button (Cloak, for example) but not an ability that targets a unit or a point. How do I issue an order targeting a unit, and how do I issue an order targeting a point?

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
They both fall under the one action Issue Order. You can then choose whether you want the order to be done on a point, a unit, or have no target; as well as select what the order is (ie. move, attack, cast as ability)

Xebarsis

Reaction score
They both fall under the one action Issue Order. You can then choose whether you want the order to be done on a point, a unit, or have no target; as well as select what the order is (ie. move, attack, cast as ability)

Are you sure? When I look at the full list of abilities I have to choose from every single one is single button based. I'm looking for the nuclear launch ability specifically (Odin's) but the only one on the list is the Cancel (Odin - Nuclear Strike) ability.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Are you sure? When I look at the full list of abilities I have to choose from every single one is single button based. I'm looking for the nuclear launch ability specifically (Odin's) but the only one on the list is the Cancel (Odin - Nuclear Strike) ability.

I'm quite certain. I think your problem is that your not using the correct order type. You need to set the Order to Order Targeting Point with the Ability Command Nuclear Strike (Odin). The Nuclear Strike ability requires a point to determine where the target is.

Xebarsis

Reaction score
How do I change the order to order targeting a point? Issue Order is the only order command I can find.

Edit: Woah, nevermind I found it! Thank you Dave. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.