Upgrades (Tech)

YoyoZ

Reaction score
hey, i need to make an upgrade which has 3 levels, first level is purchase, second level is use, third level is unuse. What this means is that after the player has purchased it, he can choose to use it or not use it this round. It cost to purchase it but its suppose to be free to use or unuse. However, from what i have experienced, i can't make an upgrade that cost less as the levels go up. Is there another way? i can also not find a trigger that adds a new tech as if there was, i could add new tech after player has purchased and it could cost $0.

Anyways, thanks in advanace:D

Yoshii

Reaction score
not sure If I understand well but if you want to change the tech price as you lvl up its simply not doable as you cannot change data from the object editor via trigger however what you can do instead is refund the gold to the player purchasing it like.

have a condition that look at the current research lvl and the hero level of the owner and if the hero is above a certain threshold and purchase the research/upgrade have the game refund the cost of the upgrade.I cant think of another to do this right now.

You could also create a teach or research upgrade that cost 0 and can only be bought if the hero is above a certain lvl or perphas after a certain game-time I dont have WE near me So im not sure if thats feasable

edit: I made a map with upgrade research so that when im trying to research lvl 3 upgrade and my hero lvl is greater then 5 that the game will refund me 500 gold(or however your upgrade cost).It probably need tweak has the hero on was already on the map and not created via trigger.

Untitled Trigger 001
Events
Unit - A unit Finishes research
Conditions
((Researched tech-type) Equal to Iron Forged Swords) and (((Current research level of Iron Forged Swords for Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 3) and ((Hero level of Blood Mage 0001 <gen>) Greater than 5))
Actions
Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Current gold to ((Player 1 (Red) Current gold) + 500)
if your looking for something different than explain more.

YoyoZ

Reaction score
This is a swarming game, Before each battle, the player chooses which units they would like to use but before they can use it, they must purchase it. When the battle starts, the used units will be swarmed. It cost to purchase the units but it is free to use or unuse them. Thats what i want. Sorry if it was a bit confusing, hope it helps out now

e.g. Purchase Footman cost 4Wood,
Use Footman cost 0Wood
Unuse Footman cost 0wood

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
Before you go any further with this idea, you must know that the upgrade level can't be resetted. If you're going to use it in rounds I'm afriad your idea might not work as though.

YoyoZ

Reaction score
but there is a trigger, 'Set the current research level of 'Tech' to # for Player#'

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
I believe it fails at doing such. That's at least that I've read.

If you wish to have abilities etc. dependent on upgrade you can lock them to units instead.

This is how you could do it.

YoyoZ

Reaction score
um, ok, i'll start from scratch

I have a building which the player can purchase units from.
They purchase the unit for a set price, e.g. purchase footman for 5 wood.
They then can choose to use it or not.
The purchase upgrade will have 3 levels therefore, the upgrade will turn from (purchase footman -> Use footman) Its all in 1 button, just like :

level 1 defence
level 2 defence

but instead of:
level 1 purchase
level 2 purchase

i name it purchase and use and then unuse and set the trigger condition if purchase (upgrade) for player 1 = 2 then send a unit, if 1 or 3 then don't send

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.