Upgrades

bluedevil333

Reaction score
Hello, i made upgrades for the units, but after upgrading, you still have the ability to upgrade (but it does nothing)

is there a way to make it disabled after upgrading the first time?

thanks

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
You need to add a requirement to the upgrade which requires the upgrade to not be researched. Open up the Data Editor and open up the Requirements data type. Create yourself a new requirement (Tech Type doesn't matter) and edit the Requirement + property. You should see two folders in the window that opens: Use and Show. The requirements added to the Use folder determine when the button can be used (the button will be greyed out when this requirement fails). The requirements added to the Show folder determine when the button is shown on the command card. You need to create a new requirement node under the Show folder (Right-Click > Add Requirement Node) and set the Type to Not. Now create a new requirement node underneath the "Not" node and set the Type to Count Upgrade, Alias to your upgrade[/i] and State to Queued or Better. The result should look like this:
Code:
[b]Use[/b]
[b]Show[/b]
   Not
      Count Upgrade [i]<Your Upgrade>[/i] Queued or Better
Now you are finished creating your requirement and just need to add it to the upgrade. Open up the Abilities data type and find your research ability. Open up the Ability: Info + property and double click on your upgrade. Find the Info - Button - State property and set it to Restricted (if it isn't already) and then set the Info - Button - Requirements property to the requirement you just created. And that is it. It should now work as you want.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.