Using IrfanView???

M

M4rtyr701

Still trying to find a way to import icons into my map, and wondering if someone could help me with any of these two questions::

Q1::Is it possible to convert images to 32-bit using Irfanview, or any other software besides photoshop??
Q2::And, Is there a way to add/remove alpha layers on an image, again without the use of photoshop??

Its not that I don't like photoshop, I havent got it, and Ive used up the 30-day trial on the website... Any help/advice is appreciated... Ty ;)

Omni

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
with irfanview jou can save your files as a TGA wich you can use in warcraft.
would that be the awnser to question 1?

M

M4rtyr701

KK thanks for replies, but... I've tried using .tga's with WE but kept crashing for due to some error :confused:
And I'll look into Wc3 Viewer.. thnx

Problem The initial problem was that my icons were invisible in my map, and my two questions are suggestions made by other users/tutorials.

SoupNBread

Reaction score
Well, you can still do that stuff without Photoshop, but with a program like it. If you want something free, that can do stuff like photoshop, use GIMP.
http://www.gimp.org
It can add/remove alpha layers, and convert.

M

M4rtyr701

:p Using gimp as we speak, thnx, just trying to get used to it atm, then see if i can my icons working- I'll keep you informed :D

M

M4rtyr701

DOes anyone actually know how to add alpha layers, dont seem to able to do so... :(
This is really starting to get annoying, now its gone back to not letting me inport images editied by the gimp software to Image xtractor

garion992

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Installed GIMP, i'm going to look if i can help you :p

I advice you to do the same, then we can talk about the same :)

garion992

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
first open your image, the .tga file

first you see nothing, thats the problem!

ok, if you are in GIMP then there is a layer window, in the layer window select the tab channels and you see a channel named Alpha, select that one so it becomes grey and then take a white pencil and colour it whitte. Now you will see your image! (i hope :))

-If you dont see anything in the channel tab, then there is a thing up of the window where you can select the file you want to edit
Look at this

save the file as .tga and import it!

i hoped i helped you again :p

Attachments

• GIMP-HELP.jpg
    GIMP-HELP.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 174
M

M4rtyr701

Wow, you don't understand how helpful you've been, I've even favourited this thread :D Thanks alot man,

I'll be sure to let you know how im doing or if i need your help/advice :p
+Rep+Rep

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.