UK News Vacation horror as ‘drunk’ son, 20, jumps from Royal Caribbean cruise in front of family

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A cruise turned into a nightmare for people aboard Royal Caribbean’s Liberty of the Seas when a young man jumped overboard shortly after 4 a.m. Thursday.

The 18-story ship was sailing between Cuba and the Bahamas’ Grand Inagua Island when the as-yet-unidentified man jumped off one of the decks.

According to onlookers, his father and brother watched helplessly as he leaped over the side.

Some passengers said it appeared to be an impulsive, spur-of-the-moment decision.

Put up some freaking nets or something. Real hard to enforce safety protocols on cruise ships when they are all based out of places outside of any laws. I have been on many cruises and the drunkeness is Viking like. I went on a New Years cruise one time they had to net all the pools to keep people from falling in and drowning. Just saying. Anybody could easily jump off, or be thrown off at any time.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
The cruise I was on had like 8 foot glass walls up everywhere. You would have to put some effort into getting over them.

They did notably not have those on the bow thing where we could go though, and so you'd walk up there drunk as all fuck and get knocked over by the wind.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A cruise is not the place you want to end up blackout drunk just saying.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I mean, that's the only thing I did on mine was get wasted.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.