Variable / Bug help

sionts

Reaction score
bug help

The bug i have is, only 1 team gets teleported to the arena when the 5 minutes is up. team 2 just doesnt get teleported to the arena.

With all the hero picked triggers i have.

Code:
Events
    Unit - A unit enters BladeMaster <gen>
Conditions
    (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Fallen Hero
Actions
    Unit - Remove Rogue 0083 <gen> from the game
    Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of Rogue 0083 <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Awaken\Awaken.mdl
    Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)
    If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        If - Conditions
            ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) is in West_Players) Equal to True
        Then - Actions
            Unit - Create 1 Rogue for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Center of West Base <gen>) facing 0.00 degrees
            Set Hero[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Last created unit)
            Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Center of West Base <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
        Else - Actions
            Unit - Create 1 Rogue for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Center of East Base <gen>) facing 0.00 degrees
            Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Center of East Base <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
    Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Last created unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Awaken\Awaken.mdl
    Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

And my hero duel trigger is this.

Code:
Events
    Time - Every 300.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
    Set Duel = True
    Cinematic - Disable user control for (All players)
    Unit - Move Sir Trevor 0114 <gen> instantly to Trevor_Duel_Point, facing 270.00 degrees
    Player Group - Pick every player in West_Players and do (Actions)
        Loop - Actions
            Set Picked_Hero = Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))]
            Unit - Order Picked_Hero to Stop
            Unit - Pause Picked_Hero
            Unit - Move Picked_Hero instantly to West_Duel_Point[(Player number of (Picked player))], facing 0.00 degrees
            Unit - Set life of Picked_Hero to 100.00%
            Unit - Set mana of Picked_Hero to 100.00%
            Unit - Reset ability cooldowns for Picked_Hero
            Unit Group - Add Picked_Hero to West_Dueling_Heroes
            Selection - Select Picked_Hero for (Picked player)
            Camera - Apply Duel Camera <gen> for (Picked player) over 0.00 seconds
    Player Group - Pick every player in East_Players and do (Actions)
        Loop - Actions
            Unit - Pause Picked_Hero
            Unit - Move Picked_Hero instantly to East_Duel_Point[(Player number of (Picked player))], facing 180.00 degrees
            Unit Group - Add Picked_Hero to East_Dueling_Heroes
    Unit Group - Order West_Creeps to Stop
    Unit Group - Order East_Creeps to Stop
    Unit Group - Order West_Demon_Creeps to Stop
    Unit Group - Order East_Demon_Creeps to Stop
    Unit Group - Order West_Center_Creeps to Stop
    Unit Group - Order East_Center_Creeps to Stop
    Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Ready above Sir_Trevor with Z offset 0.00, using font size 20.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
    Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
    Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
    Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
    Wait 2.00 seconds
    For each (Integer A) from 1 to 3, do (Actions)
        Loop - Actions
            Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String((4 - (Integer A)))) above Sir_Trevor with Z offset 0.00, using font size 20.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
            Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 0.00 seconds
            Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
            Wait 1.00 seconds
    Sound - Play O05Cenarius03 <gen>
    Floating Text - Create floating text that reads GO! above Sir_Trevor with Z offset 0.00, using font size 20.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
    Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
    Wait 2.00 seconds
    Player Group - Pick every player in Active_Players and do (Actions)
        Loop - Actions
            Camera - Reset camera for (Picked player) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
            Camera - Pan camera for Player 1 (Red) to (Position of Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))]) over 0.00 seconds
    Unit - Unpause all units
    Cinematic - Enable user control for (All players)
    Unit - Order Sir_Trevor to Night Elf Warden - Blink Trevor_Stand_Point
    Wait 1.00 seconds
    Unit - Make Sir_Trevor face (Center of Trevor Duel <gen>) over 0.00 seconds

The duel points have been set.

sionts

Reaction score
Variable help

I'm having some trouble with the hero dueling system, team 1s heroes are teleported to the arena but team 2s heroes don't get teleported.

Code:
Loop - Actions
    Unit - Pause Picked_Hero
    Unit - Move Picked_Hero instantly to West_Duel_Point[(Player number of (Picked player))], facing 0.00 degrees
    Unit Group - Add Picked_Hero to West_Dueling_Heroes

What if i change

>Unit - Move Picked_Hero instantly to West_Duel_Point[(Player number of (Picked player))], facing 0.00 degrees

to

Unit - Move Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))] instantly to West_Duel_Point[(Player number of (Picked player))], facing 0.00 degrees

And change

>Unit Group - Add Picked_Hero to West_Dueling_Heroes

to

Unit Group - Add Hero Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))] to West_dueling_Heroes

Could this help?

All the hero select triggers have the line

>Set Hero[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Last created unit)

unless anyone has something that could help?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
what are you using to pick them (the line just above loop actions)?

M

Mister

I think this is the one..
Code:
    If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        If - Conditions
            ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) is in West_Players) Equal to True
        Then - Actions
            Unit - Create 1 Rogue for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Center of West Base <gen>) facing 0.00 degrees
            Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Center of West Base <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
        Else - Actions
            Unit - Create 1 Rogue for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Center of East Base <gen>) facing 0.00 degrees
            Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Center of East Base <gen>) over 0.00 seconds

It is then, OR else
It isnt both and probly loaded once

But then again, I don't really know what our map is or does

sionts

Reaction score
Thats the hero select. If the fallen hero belongs to a player in player group East_Players. Then creates 1 rogue for the player.

By the way this map is an Arena actually its a Team Arena.

M

Mister

How about.. you make a spawn point for team 1 and 2 and must walk over a region to enter a team, something like this..

_____
|.......|___
|......._x__[]
~~~~|

x is region and [] is spawn place to game area

for each team there is 1 of this.

or

set integer var = all players in from group all players / 2

if unit enters region then do
if playergroup west = lower then or eqaul to integer var then
blablabla :)
else
if playergroup east = lower then or equal to integer var then
blablabla even more

else
if then else
condition math random number between 0-10
if number is lower or equal to 5 then add to player group east
else add player to player group west

I hope you understand what im saying, cause im not at home atm. and i can't load the map editor

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Make Picked_Hero arry of 2 for team 1 and team 2 then use Pick_Hero[1] for team one and for team two use Pick_Hero[2]. Or brake that mega trigger to two parts for team one and for team two. Then it should work just let team one trigger call after first team teleport second team teleport trigger. Many loops makes it messy to understand what might be wrong.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't understand why you set Picked_Hero to another unit variable.

Setting a variable to another variable and using the newly set one is ... kind of useless imo :)

Did you try what you suggested above ? Replace all Picked_Hero with Hero[Player number of (Picked Player)]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.