Variables To Players

xmkiller

Reaction score
This is kinda hard to explain..

Alright so what I have right now is..

variable1[player number of (owner of (casting unit))] = variable1[player number of (owner of (casting unit))] + 1

Now would this mean that each player will have a seperate number?

Lets say that player 1 casts the spell 4 times, so variable 1 would be 4 for him. Then lets say player 2 casts the spell 3 times. Would the variable stay at 4 for player 1 and 3 for player 2?

If thats true..

What I would want is that if a player is holding an item it will give that player variable1[player number of (owner of (casting unit))] = 4. But I reliezed that the array wouldn't work because the unit isnt casting anything. So if i change it to is carring an item. But if the player casts then it wouldnt work with "is carring the item".

Im trying to make as much sense as I can. For Example this is what its suppose to do.

Items give +spell damage.
When the caster casts I want the +spell damage to add to the damage that it has done.

I already know how to do all of that except for calculating the spell damage for each player INDIVIDUALY.

I hope this makes sense.

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
I hope this makes sense
not at all.......
i thought i understood what u want at the start but then u started with the item and i didn't get what u wanna do...
so try explain in a more simple way of what u are trying to do....

xmkiller

Reaction score
Ok um

Some items have something i added called "Spell Damage". What it does is it adds damage to abilities (All my abilities are trigger based).

An example of the variable I use to track how much "Spell Damage" the player has is..

Set hero_spellDamage[(Player number of (Owner of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 1)))] = ((Player number of (Owner of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 1))) + 1)

Now the problem is that when the hero thats carring the item casts a spell, it will do damage based on how much hero_spellDamage is. But since the variable is "Owner of Item Carried by Hero" and not "Owner of Casting Unit" it wont know the variable hero_spellDamage for that player.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I'm still confused, but simply put, do you mean that it can't track the spell damage, but it can for regular damage? :confused: :confused:

xmkiller

Reaction score
No no, im wondering if theres another way to do it. Because it wont work. If the unit casts a spell and since the variable array is "Item carried by hero" the varriable array wont work. It has to be "owner of casting unit", does it not?

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
well it's the same thing basically cuz let me expalin it like that:
Variable[Player number of (triggering player)] = 1 - now let's say triggering player is 1, so it's simply sets Variable[1] = 1

now if u use this with something like:
Variable[Owner of (Casting unit)] = 2 - it would simply use the same as be4 in case it's the same player since they (the same player's numbers) are the same number of this player so they are both - Variable[1]

so if u do "Owner of Item Carried by Hero" or "Owner of Casting Unit" u would simply end using the same array number in case it's the same player of course.

u get it?

xmkiller

Reaction score
Ok so aslong as I have "Player number of" it wont mix between players even if i have "Player number of owner of casting unit" and "Player number of owner of manipulating hero" ?

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
look it just takes the number so it's simply the same between owner of casting unit and owner of manipulating hero just all u need to make sure is that it's the same player cuz if it's 1 then both will be 1
and don't worry it won't mix in cases like this

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.