virus help

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
each time i opened drive c or d, it opens in another window, i know this is a virus so i scanned it with AVG antivirus 8.0 free edition, it detected the virus and healed it, but i still cant open drive c or d using click + enter or double click, because a window pops-up saying "open with" then a lists of programs appears, also AVG always detects the virus and heals it each time i inject a flash disk in my computer

autorun.inf is causing this problem, i want to delete autorun.inf, but the problem is i can't unhide my files, even though i checked unhide files in the folder options and pressed apply then press ok, the settings will automatically return to hide files, this way i cant delete autorun.inf and the virus

i scanned my pc with an antivirus, still didnt removed the virus and still cant unhide files, also scanned it with an anti spyware, etc. still cant remove the virus that keeps my files hidden and keeps drive c and d opens in another window

also i already logged in as admin

AbsoIuteZero

Reaction score
Ok first off AVG is crap imo, if ur gonna use anything use Spybot Search and Destroy (its free - just google it) *Also make sure you unistall AVG and restart ur OS before installing Spybot.* I would try doing that first and do a full scan, delete whatever it finds, restart. If not chances are you got a nasty self replicating virus (it renames itself right as it's being deleted and thus prevents from being deleted) and you may have to A: Take it to a tech place that does Virus Removal, or B: reinstall your OS. Best of luck:thup:

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Spybot isn't anti-virus.
Use it in combination with Avast and Zonealarm's free firewall.
They are pwn.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.