Vista Loader 2.1

Sessional

Reaction score
What is this program? When I boot up my computer it goes to a screen that says: Booting 'Windows Vista'
Vista Loader 2.1.0

First things first: I don't have vista, I run windows XP Professional, and secondly, I downloaded SP3 the other day if that has any affect on it. Is there some way to stop this thing from running so my pc will boot up faster?

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
Judging by the description of "Vista Loader 2.1.2", it's something not really legal (aka. the infamous OEM BIOS hack to trick the product activation).

Sessional

Reaction score
Uhm... Great. So now I have illegal software on my computer?

Is there some way to get rid of it, or is talk of that not allowed on these forums? Because of the fact I run XP, I don't really see a point for it, so I'd love if I could get a little help removing it.

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
Don't try to fix what ain't broken.

I don't know what the use of that "tool" could be on XP, I don't even know all its goals on Vista. My Windows days are too far away for me to use such gadgets. By removing the application, you could invalidate your XP activation, given it's supposed to enable Vista activation using fake hardware fingerprints.

Depending on how and where you got that PC as well as its Windows from, you can use Microsoft's Report Suspect Piracy form to report your problem. If you bought what seems a counterfeit copy of XP, this may be a good way to try to obtain a legit copy and bust the dealer selling these bootlegs.

Should your license not be genuine, you may end up being locked out of your system one day or another.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.