Vulcansurge's Maps Thread

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Arenas should give XP, but more the closer level you are to the opponent the more xp you get. This would prevent high levels trying to train low levels by letting them get killed.

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
mm. havent thought about XP yet. good idea that you bring it up... Maybe it would be better if they get a set bonus such as 10 x (level of killing unit).

[offtopic] hows your hedghog?

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
That works too I guess
Oh, right, the explosion thing. I'll do that now.

[offtopic] she's actually getting better, because we have her run around a lot and it's making the leg better. Thanks for asking :D

Edit > Ok, attached is the 1 pixel black. Import under ReplaceableTextures\Splats\CraterUberSplat.blp

Attachments

• CraterUberSplat.blp
    1.2 KB · Views: 169

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Oh that splat thing is awesome, and the best thing is i noticed more than one explosion uses it! Thanks alot!

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
As soon as i import that it'll work wont it?

I dont have anything atm. I will probably need black pixels for certain other missle arts later on. THanks very much!

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Vulcansurge's ORPG | Next update:
The next update is going to take a while to release. I will be taking The_Wand_Mirror's advice and making a large patch to make it seem more complete. The next update will feature most of the new things ive been promising, like being able to choose primary attributes... The arena will be the version after.

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Your maps look good Vulcansurge! I can be a beta tester, if you like. It's the mid-semester/term holidays for me this week, so I've got some free time.

I've just downloaded your ORPG. It's looking good! I'm on the look-out for any errors/bugs/leaks/terrain//trigger problems.

Oh, and mothership is going to be cool when it comes out. Can't wait! :D

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
MOTHERSHIPS is going to be awesome. It will. I havent had the chance to work on these maps in a while because i've been playing 2142 (great game!).

I really need to get these two big projects finished as quick as i can...

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Finish Motherships first, since this map won't need massive updates, etc. When you "finish" your RPG, you'll be flooded with new ideas and stuff.

And Jolly, I've played a pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-beta-beta-pre version of Motherships, and it's going to be really fun :)

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Update MOTHERSHIPS 09/04/07:

- Final alpha version is coming soon, open beta testing will arrive.
- Open version may feel less completed, because I wanted to get people playing it as soon as possible. Obvious bugs or problems may appear, but only because I am still working on it.
- Also requesting a modeller / skinner to help me with a few problems. PM me if you would like to help out.

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
MOTHERSHIPS v.Open Beta:

- It's finally here! From the makers of Vulcansurge' ORPG, comes the new and exciting MOTHERSHIPS!
- If you find any bugs that arent OBVIOUS, report them here, or PM me. (some bugs are obvious, because I'm still working on the map...)

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Hey vulcan, believe it or not I do some modelling. Just to warn you, however, I only really edit models and skins, I can't make them from scratch (3ds Max 5 is difficult to use =/)

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Awesome. I have one problem which you might be able to fix. i was thinking about having the smaller ships trails match the colour of the player who owns them.... Do you think you might be able to help?

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Yea, can I ask something about Motherships, how did you make those fighters, what ability did you use so they would follow (Locust swarm?)

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I have not based this on an ability. I have used triggers. The map is open source, so feel free to take a look at how I did it.

Thanks for playing my map!

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Awesome. I have one problem which you might be able to fix. i was thinking about having the smaller ships trails match the colour of the player who owns them.... Do you think you might be able to help?

Easy peezy lemon squeezy :p
I could probably replace the trails texture so it uses ReplaceableID1, hopefully making it change to the player's colour... Never tried this, but it would probably work :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.