Waiting Room-Map Picture

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
When you click on a map you've never loaded, or a map that doesnt have an identical file name, you see a yellow question mark with a blue background

After loading, instead of seeing the terrain, I want players to see an imported picture

how do I make them see the imported picture rather than the yellow question mark(after they've downloaded the game)

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
I believe the correct path for the image you want to import is war3mapPreview.blp, though I could be wrong. Import, set path, make sure it's BLP... I think that'll work.

YourFace

Reaction score
where would I implement this data?
do I just have to change the path without directing anything to it?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Open the Import Manager. Import your file (BLP!). Double click. Use custom path. war3mapPreview.blp. I think that does the trick.

YourFace

Reaction score
k but my file is a tga and when I import it, it says image/texture
now I get an Access Code VIolation every time I try to save it

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
You could try, though I am nearly (2*4/50+100*2-400)% (I didn't calculate that. Have fun.) sure that it has to BLP.

mordocai

Reaction score
map previews olmost 100% of the time are tga's, just use that and name it to war3mapPreview.tga it should work if done correctly

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you save the alpha channels?

mordocai

Reaction score
alpha layer=32bit tga
alpha layer contains the transparencies of the pixels in that one picture. yes it does need to be a 32bit tga

YourFace

Reaction score
um well I used it as an icon in several occasions and it worked

but it says that theres an error in jass(which I never used) in my triggers and it says

set Multiboard = MultiboardNull

and I deleted all the triggers and it still doesnt work >.<\
EDIT

I can't save at all, even if I delete all my imported data

YourFace

Reaction score
you might have imported a corrupted file or something:confused:

I doubt it, I just copied a pictre from google, modified it with gimp, and saved it as a tga

modified it by cutting some parts out and making it smaller,

mordocai

Reaction score
hmnnnnn. Did you have a backup? if so just re-import that file, and if it still dont work then its file problem

YourFace

Reaction score
no i don't have a back up,, ill try reimporting it, and can someone check my map out to see what else may be the problem?

It also says
JassHelperError
accues violation, check 1005hb yada yada smpf.dll

EDIT,

I just realized that I had an integer Array with the size 12 and I had an array that was Integer[22]
I improved that variable, but the error still shows up

Kahiera

Reaction score
when saving with gimp and .tga file, disable rle compression. it is unsupported. i tried converting your icon into a .blp, and i was given an error. that normaly happens to me when i use rle compression.

(2*4/50+100*2-400)
=-199.68

EDIT: sorry... tried using wrong converter... testing proper one now... :banghead:
EDIT2: try here

YourFace

Reaction score
when saving with gimp and .tga file, disable rle compression. it is unsupported. i tried converting your icon into a .blp, and i was given an error. that normaly happens to me when i use rle compression.

=-199.68

EDIT: sorry... tried using wrong converter... testing proper one now... :banghead:
EDIT2: try here
thx, but I don't quite understand what you mean, cause I know how to do with gimp is to enlarge/shrink a picture xD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.