War of the Forest Trolls: AOS

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
I'm making a new aos map, in hopes of killing DotA. I know there is next to no chance of me succeeding, but I'm trying anyway. I have already made about 8 heroes, each with 5 custom abilities. I am really looking for hero ideas, please give me some, any ideas will likely be used, so gimme so ideas. Also, I'd like item ideas, ideas for features, and anything else you guys want. Remember, if this kills DotA (yeah, right) this will be the only game you guys have to play on bnet. (beat DotA, haha)

All submitters will be recognized, please gimme ideas.

MrApples

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
If your building a map only for the reason of beating Dota you have failed already.

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
You might get a better response if you gave us details about your map (what kind of heroes do you already have, terraining features, etc.) instead of just saying "I want to be more popular than DotA".

K

Knyves

How about an ability called Rising Star? It could be modeled after Dalaran Shield and float into the sky and explode, blinding all enemy units or something.

Or an ability called Dark Spirit (Orb of Darkness for a model) follows an emeny around, stealing health for X seconds, then it comes back to the caster and heals him with the stolen health.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Bunnyburn said:
I'm making a new aos map, in hopes of killing DotA. I know there is next to no chance of me succeeding, but I'm trying anyway. I have already made about 8 heroes, each with 5 custom abilities. I am really looking for hero ideas, please give me some, any ideas will likely be used, so gimme so ideas. Also, I'd like item ideas, ideas for features, and anything else you guys want. Remember, if this kills DotA (yeah, right) this will be the only game you guys have to play on bnet. (beat DotA, haha)

I have plenty of AOS ideas, but...
it will go wasted since DotA is almost unbeatable :(
but try.
You can PM me for any ideas, or add me as tester :)

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
well beating dota isnt my only goal, I also enjoy making maps, and every map i make improves my talents. I currently have 8 heroes:

Troll Axemaster: His abililities are mostly single hit, damage atatcks. He is also the only hero i have who can actually change in between a ranged unit, and a melee unit, with an ability based of metomorphasis, except infinite duration, and you can change back and frth at any time. YOu sacrifice attack speed when ranged however, and every level up of the ability, the ranged form gets grater range, starting at a bout 350 and ending at 600.

Paladin: THis hero has mostly ally imporiving abilities, he has a very low cooldown healing ability, a life drain ability, that instalnty drains X life from an enemy and gives it to the Paladin, he has a purge-liek ability, for slowing enemiy and removing buffs from allies, etc. He also has an ability that makes him a virtual health foountain, giving way higher hp regen to allies standing directly next to him, his ultimate adds armor to every allied unit on the feild, except himself.

-Troll Ninja: The ninjas abilities make him incredibly good at killing heroes 1v1. he has a ability based off phase shift, a criticvaal and evasion ability, a ability based off cluster rockest, and his ultamate is a 1 hit shadow strike, that deals a lot of starter damagem, and lots of bleed damage.

-Pyromaniac: My favorite hero, he has burning oil, soal burn, a firebolt, and a incredible attack speed increase abnility, his ulti is a firestorm, based off of locust swarm, but with no life drain, just damage, and the locist models are ireballs. He has WAY less healsth than the others, alsmost half as less, but his movemenent speed is 400., he also does large damage, and he does it with a fast attack speed.

-Spear Thrower, a strenght based ranged unit, with abilities that enhance his fighting abilities, he has an ability that gives his spears AOE, at the expense of some damage, a critical strike, and a serpent shield ability, that creates a wall of serpent wards around him, giveing him cover, and attack, but making him vulnerable to ranged attakers.

-Lightning Shaman: Kinda a rippof of zues, but cooler, he has a low cooldown chain lightning, an aoe abiltiy based of mosoon, a burst of speed abilty, which temporarily gives him a major speed boost, and his ulti fires hundreds of bolts of lightning into a target area, dealing huge damage and stunning.

-Troll samurai, an incredibly strong unit with fast attack speed, high damage, and a really low move speed. His abilities area mostly AOe damage abilities, with a really strong windwalk for an ulti, 500 extra damage.

-Troll Hunter. Almost all his abilities immoblizize the enemies, and damage them over time.

There they are, please help.

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
also, i know dota is next to unstoppable, and even if i fail, ill still make this map.

V

VG Emblem

What does it have different (and better) than DotA? The thing is, even if you make a map equally as good, or even a bit better, most players won't play it because they don't feel like learning new Heroes and all that stuff. If it's greatly better and somewhat different, their opinions might change, of course.

In short: Don't make this a medium-quality DotA rip-off.

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
I would definitely change the names of the Paladin and Troll Hunter, as Warcraft III already has Paladin and Troll Hunter heroes, and it could get confusing.

I would also consider changing the names of the ninjas and samurai...because frankly there are just too many ninjas and samurai in Warcraft maps these days. :) Trolls seem to be based on Caribbean and African cultures; surely somewhere in the depths of Great Zimbabwe, the armies of the Nubians, or the villages of pre-Columbian Cuba, you can find one or two things to call your hero that aren't the same old ninjas and samurai.

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
well, there is quite a bit on it different than dota, but i mostly wanna put in stuff that u, the ppl who may end up playing my game, want, ppl would like a game more if it had things they liked, ejoyed, etc, id be willing to add just about anything to this game, provived it makes sense, and it is possible for my somewhat low triggering ability.

Also, your right about the names, i will change them, and yeah, ninjas and samurais, kinda overused.

Thanks

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Bunnyburn said:

First of all, I don't play DotA. I only played it once or twice. So don't think "Everybody loves DotA."

Second is, what happened to the RPG you were gonna make. The one that was gonna be so "different." And now your saying this is gonna be so "different" from DotA.

Are you just putting up the most common ideas to cook up some rep? I hope not. But there is no way you can work on your RPG and this without screwing up both.

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
i cant work on just one map, its impossible for me, and while making one, it just may spark inspiritaion for my other game, and, I started the rpg after this, the rpg is not at all close to being even playable, while this is almost playable.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Firstly I saw there almost 3 identical DotA heroes, people like me don' t want modified Zeus or Paladin. Is it relly hard to think new theme for Paladin like Corrupted Paladin (Came to me out of blue right now.) who slays fellow units while gaining boost in magic defence (Works like you kill friendly creep gain 10 sec magic immunity and you can stack it up to 60 sec. It could work with any creep. This is only one skill.) Second could be somekind of heal what grants high hp regen (about 1 point per second) and story for it is that while he was corrupted he lost his heal ability, it could heal max 500 hp even with max level but only 1 point per second (Note now when I thought it out it HP regen could increase with time at start 5 sec 1 hp regen then 5 sec 2 HP regen, after that 5 sec 3 HP regen [Numbers could be 10, 20, 30, etc.]. Then comes one kicking ass ability- while attacking has 10% (Can be lower, higher, etc.) change to blind his foe for little amount of time, what would give enemy lower sight range and change to miss a bit 5% or so (Could be lower or higher, etc.) Shiny sword is still from old days when he was good Paladin. Ultima (Lol do I have 4 abilities already?) could be Prayer- prayes and asks forgive (Dunno how to spell that word.) for his victims while all enemies in AoE get slashed by Corrupeted Angels (Works like AoE Omnislah but you would channel Prayer while dummy Corrupted Angels slash randomly through enemies in AoE. By the way Omnislash isn' t something new- it was first used in Final Fantasy VII as Cloud one ultimate attack (Limit Break).
So I would really play it if it would be as good as DotA with unique heroes (Model files could be ones what aren' t used so much like gnolls, turtles, etc- something new.) No lag and casting lag, balanced, easy to understand what to do. Nice terrain, nature as true as in real life, good story for why they fight. Not so hack and slash maybe and items orientated. Maybe you got two three ways to win the game:
I solo and just be "Tank" and slay all.
II Do quests what would give advantages to your Team (Like AI(s) what would be like neutral army what helps team who helps them.
III Forgot what it was...
Of course no l33t speach and so. Don' t ask from others:" I am doing better map than DotA but I need your advice what to but in." Think out things yourself, go out and play basket- or football then think after that about what sucks in DotA and what could be done better, mix your favorite game- styles: AOS, RPG, ORPG, RTS, etc, Fantasy, Future so on. Think about gameplay and is it fun or good ? If not make it better and give us more pics info about your map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.