Warcraft 3 Heros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim159

Reaction score
It seems like every game I play I usually lose to one thing, Some hero. It doesn't matter that I have better units or a better strategy... I may not mirco as much as I should. But I NEVER lose a battle because they get better units. Its always the blade master Or some Undead whoring to the max with all three heros... I wish Bnet would take the heros out of the game for one week and see how many no skill whores get loses... Seriously. When one unit can take a whole army and still have enough to fight your base defense you know there HAS to be something wrong. :banghead:

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Uhh...no.
Simply put, no.
Heroes are meant to be a part of the game, another strategy, you could say. Taking them out would be plain ridiculous

Grim159 said:
When one unit can take a whole army and still have enough to fight your base defense you know there HAS to be something wrong.

When has anyone ever done a hero vs army AND won? RPG's excluded. Seriously. They have an army. The hero is support. Give me a replay of one hero taking down 12+ units in a regular bnet game. Then I'll consider it.

A

Atreides

Heroes by themselves aren't that strong, and probably couldn't take on a halfdozen units ever, except maybe at lvl 10 facing tier 1 units. However, with auras and spells, heros make armies a lot better. Heroes are a critical part of the game, and you should be playing starcraft if you really don't like heroes. And as FireEffect said, use heroes. If you don't, that is why you lose. Though it would make for an interesting challenge against the comps to play without a hero.

S

SantaBla

Grim159,
You're in the wrong game. Starcraft is the right choice for you.

Heroes are part of what makes the fun of Warcraft 3. You can't harass the enemy with normal units and it's not like they are overpowered or anything. :rolleyes:

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You get level 6 hero the first = you usually win
It's why there a limit of 5 levels when killing neutral creeps.

lv10 hero > all tier 1 units+casters+siege
lv10 str hero = almost invulnerable tank

It depends on the hero tbh, the ultimate skill is just a strong skill. it doesn't really make you win if you use it first :S

And level 10 strength heroes are nothing near invulnerable.

Grim159,
You're in the wrong game. Starcraft is the right choice for you.

Heroes are part of what makes the fun of Warcraft 3. You can't harass the enemy with normal units and it's not like they are overpowered or anything. :rolleyes:

True ^^ Heroes make the game fun and awesome :p

C

Cryo

??

hes got a point i have big pet peeve about the Mtn.King he has stun aoe and spell immunety no to say stun i MEAN WTF no hero can win 1 vs. 1 aginast a pro mtn. king and i don't want to hear you don't know till you try them all BS i did try them all same !@#$ing results:mad: they really need to dim mtn. king down atleast take his spell immunty away or something :mad::mad::mad:

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
hes got a point i have big pet peeve about the Mtn.King he has stun aoe and spell immunety no to say stun i MEAN WTF no hero can win 1 vs. 1 aginast a pro mtn. king and i don't want to hear you don't know till you try them all BS i did try them all same !@#$ing results:mad: they really need to dim mtn. king down atleast take his spell immunty away or something :mad::mad::mad:

Complete Spam, sorry, but it is. Dotn mass smileys either. And use correct Grammar. And punctuation. Or at least try. And they dont have spell immune, only in Avatar form they do. ;)

Think about this. If you get pwned by heroes, why dont ya try using them...

C

Cryo

Rofl

Im so... sry i frogot this was 2nd engilsh class, any thing else you want pain in the @ss teacher.:)

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I don't remember this being the place where people post their whining. And good grammar is a rule in these forums (well, in posting questions it is)

Anyways, From the Mojo StormStout (something like that)
Hero Killers:
Humans

Paladin - Holy Light - Great on Undead Heroes, Dark Ranger, and Pit Lord
Mountain King - Storm Bolt - Storm Bolt throws a hammer across long distances allowing you to severely damage the enemy Hero without actually being next to him. The Mountain King also has a Stun ability which will allow other units to surround and beat on the Hero while the Hero is stunned.
Blood Mage - Banish - It not only slows them so you can catch up, but it will also make your other hero killer spells do more damage.
Sorceress - Slow - Slowed Heroes are much easier to catch. Make sure you deactivate autocasting of slow so that you may save mana to cast slow on heroes.

Orcs

Raider - Ensnare - With several Raiders you can keep the ability going for quite a while by recasting it.
Far Seer - Chain Lightning - Rips Heroes up!
Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave - This is also helpful when other units are lined up in the path of the Shockwave.
Shaman - Purge - Purge slows the target and strips beneficial buffs. Since Heroes are very fast, slowing them can allow you to catch up and kill them before they can get away. Be sure to deactivate Autocast spells so a Shaman has enough Mana to continually Purge the Hero until they are dead.
Shadow Hunter - Hex - prevents them from casting spells

Night Elves

Dryad - Slow Poison - Since it only lasts 1 second on Heroes you will need multiple Dryads firing at the enemy Hero to keep them continually slowed.
Keeper of the Grove - Entangling Roots - Stops a Hero from attacking, moving, and does damage to them while they are stuck.
Demon Hunter - Mana Burn - Mana Burn drains Mana and Health from the enemy Hero.
Demon Hunter - Immolation - If you can trap an enemy Hero next to the Demon Hunter using Immolation, you can make quick work of them.
Priestess of the Moon - Searing Arrows - Higher levels of Searing Arrows combined with Items and her Aura can make quick work of Heroes.
Warden - Blink - Blink ahead of the Hero that is running away and kill it
Warden - Shadow Strike - Slows the enemy Hero and damages it
Warden - Fan of Knives - Good finishing spell to use on enemy Heroes as they are running away
Mountain Giant - Taunt - Causes the enemy Hero to return from running away and fight. Sometimes the enemy doesn't notice and you can use this to kill their Hero while they are not paying attention.
Druid of the Talon - Cyclone - It will let your army surround where the enemy Hero will drop.

Undead

Dread Lord - Sleep - Sleep is a very annoying spell for enemy players. Simply put their Hero to sleep. The enemy can wake their Hero up by attacking it but many people don't think about doing that, or it takes them a while. While the Hero is asleep, surround it with units so it can't get away then focus fire on the Hero. If you surrounded them properly there will be no escape.
Dread Lord - Carrion Swarm - This can be very effective against enemy Heroes if surrounding support units don't soak up the damage. Try to get the Hero off on its own, and then use this spell.
Death Knight - Death Coil - This can be used to suck life away from enemy Heroes. This can be cast on Heroes from some distance away.
Lich - Frost Nova - Cast this on an enemy Hero to damage and slow it.
Necromancer - Cripple - This spell severely disables Heroes. Use it!
Crypt Lord - Impale - Stops the Hero and throws it up into the air!

Neutral Heroes

Naga Sea Witch - Frost Arrow - Slows the enemy so they can't get away as easily.
Dark Ranger - Life Drain

A

Atreides

Cept the Mountain King has relatively crap mana, especially if he casts ultimate, and then stun and clap. Thats like 300+ mana gone right there, which is more than he starts out with, and he doesn't gain that much per level.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
Yeah but he isn't going to need mana again for awhile once he does those. Plus most people carry around a few mana boosters (Stone, Potion, Etc.) because they know their mana is so vital and so limited.

Just a hero is manageable. A hero with items is way too strong.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I once had a hero and I got him 6 boots of speed. I ran across someone's base and they weren't even able to hit me once. xD

Sometimes, items are good, but be wise with what you choose. A pendant of mana is good for a mountain king...

Also, heroes are awesome, it is like you can't win without it. It is like saying, would you rather win or lose?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread is going nowhere.

Discussing the game is okay, but heroes are and will always be in the game. Period.

("Spam" has also posted in that thread. I don't like him)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.