Warcraft 3 map invisible?

guneruh

Reaction score
Hi, i got a kind of problem, when i saved a map on the "Maps" folder, after that, i went to the maps folder, and i didn't saw the map i saved, i just saw the blizzard ones, when i load the map i saved on the editor, it appears on the containing folder. Now if i save that map on the desktop then it appears, so, when i pass it from "desktop" to "maps" the map finally appears there.But after thar if i try to overwrite the map appears an error that says: imposible save map "map name". I got anpther map invisible, i will link you screenshots.

The error with the "not invisible map"

The containing folder of the visible one, and the invisible one

When i try to save (it will show error no the not invisible one) on the containing folder it looks like if there was the invisible map!

So, now, this is creepy. What's going on? help please, "X-files song"

EDIT: edited i meant folder xD

SomaZ

Reaction score
I thought carpets are something you stand on :eek:

Anyway, I don't understand the meaning of your entire post (because of carpets I suppose).

Are you saying your map is invisible when you try to select it ingame in wc3?

Edit: Oh yeah... The screens take ages to load for some reason. Imageshack fu!

istar

Reaction score
yea, i have no idea whats 'carpet' means, i normally can make sense of the most mangled words, but this is way too advanced for me to decode...

guneruh

Reaction score
i'm sry, carpet i meant folder xD i forgot the word on english, i hope now you could undertand ^^

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
Comma splice.... Sorry, I keep trying to read your post, but my mind runs out of breath before I reach the end of the sentence. I understand English is not your first language, so I will try harder. It would also help if your screenshots were in English :p

Sorry, but I don't know exactly what is wrong. I just save my maps on the desktop.

Aww I missed the carpets :(

Curo

Reaction score
Have you tried using the find function? You probably have another copy of your map hiding somewhere.

guneruh

Reaction score
the problem is that when i saved the map it became invisible, now that i saved it in the desktop it appeared the icon of the wc3 model editor, when i passed it to the maps folder and i tried to overwrite it for changes, the editor didn't let me do it.

guneruh

Reaction score
ok, now i now what happens, i solved the case xD, the problem was that on windows vista when you save a map (world editor must be on compatibility mode) the O.S saves the map on a "secret" folder named "compatibility files"

Curo

Reaction score
All roads lead to Vista.... Terrible OS

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.