Warcraft Lore Quiz

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Hah, brine doesn't actually mean sea water. I just couldn't find a word meaning "acid" that rhymed with swine.

*hint, hint*

Also, the "person" isn't a Humanoid object.
You can give someone his blood, and he will make you smarter, or faster, or stronger!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Just to help out some clueless people... :rolleyes:

I have no idea... Is it like a mountain giant or something? Also, is it from the books? :confused: :D

U

Ur-Quan

Is it Agamaggan by any chance?

From Blizzard's Official World Dungeons site:
Ten thousand years ago - during the War of the Ancients, the mighty demigod, Agamaggan, came forth to battle the Burning Legion. Though the colossal boar fell in combat, his actions helped save Azeroth from ruin. Yet over time, in the areas where his blood fell, massive thorn-ridden vines sprouted from the earth. The quillboar - believed to be the mortal offspring of the mighty god, came to occupy these regions and hold them sacred.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
I think I know who it is, forgotten his name though.

The Horde players will have a much better chance getting this, especially those who have past lvl 18+ :p

And I also think I know of these so called "giants" he's talking about.

Edit~

Ok I reckon I have it - Mangletooth.

Anything.

Reaction score
Mangletooth is a little Bristleback in Camp Taurajo that you give Blood Shards to for special buffs. Agamaggan was correct.

The juggernaut,
The immortal swine,
The brambled back,
The breath of brine.

His skin made of thorns,
His blood made of stone,
Here he lies with the giants
Blood, bristle, and bone.

The juggernaut, the immortal swine

refers to the fact that Agamaggan is a very, very large boar.

The brambled back
refers to the fact that its back is brambled :mad:

The breath of brine
refers to the fact that it can breathe acid.

His skin made of thorns, his blood made of stone
refers to how his thorny skin again and also refers to how his blood is made from a crystal called "Blood Shard of Agamaggan".

Here he lies with the giants
refers to the fact that his body currently resides under the Field of Giants in the Southern Barrens.

Blood, bristle, bone
refers to the fact that he's dead and his thorns and blood have been spread across the land.

Asehujiko

Reaction score
Grom Hellscream - Betrayed the Orcs; corrupted their race.
Taretha Foxton - Betrayed the Humans; set Thrall free.
Malfurion Stormrage - Betrayed the Elves; set Illidan free. - wrong, it was tyrande that freed ilidan
Anub'arak - Betrayed the Nerubiands; sided with Arthas
Arthas Menethil - Betrayed the Silver Hand; became Lich King - wrong, he was tricked and brainwashed by frostmourne
Voren'thal the Seer - Betrayed Kael'thas; joined Sha'tar.
Sylvanas Windrunner - Betrayed Arthas; created Forsaken.
Tichondrius - Betrayed Nathrezim; joined Sylvanas. - wrong, tichondrius was dead already when sylvanas got her free will back. it was varimathris who joined the forsaken
Jaina Proudmoore - Betrayed Humans to save the world. - wrong, actualy she did absolutely nothing, it was he father that broke the truce
Medivh - Betrayed humanity to save it. - wrong, was possesed and didnt do anything the second time he appeared other then talk.
Lady Azshara - Betrayed the Quel'dorei. - wrong, see above
Xavian - Betrayed the Elves; tapped into demonic powers. - wrong, see above
Sargeras - Betrayed the Titans.
Arugal - Betrayed humanity; created Worgen menace. - wrong, the worgen were supposed to save lordearon from the scourge
The Entire Dark Iron Race - Betrayed the Wildhammer and Bronzebeard; summoned Ragnaros. - wrong, it was never thaurissan's intention to summon an elemental lord
The Entire Harpy Race - Betrayed Azshara. - never heard this one before
Ambassador Malcin - Betrayed the Forsaken; sided with Razormane. - wrong, all forsaken used to be scourge and the quilboar are allied with the scourge so he is actualy returning to his old "friends"

/lore police off

Anything.

Reaction score
Grom Hellscream - Betrayed the Orcs; corrupted their race.
Taretha Foxton - Betrayed the Humans; set Thrall free.
Malfurion Stormrage - Betrayed the Elves; set Illidan free. - wrong, it was tyrande that freed ilidan
Anub'arak - Betrayed the Nerubiands; sided with Arthas
Arthas Menethil - Betrayed the Silver Hand; became Lich King - wrong, he was tricked and brainwashed by frostmourne
Voren'thal the Seer - Betrayed Kael'thas; joined Sha'tar.
Sylvanas Windrunner - Betrayed Arthas; created Forsaken.
Tichondrius - Betrayed Nathrezim; joined Sylvanas. - wrong, tichondrius was dead already when sylvanas got her free will back. it was varimathris who joined the forsaken
Jaina Proudmoore - Betrayed Humans to save the world. - wrong, actualy she did absolutely nothing, it was he father that broke the truce
Medivh - Betrayed humanity to save it. - wrong, was possesed and didnt do anything the second time he appeared other then talk.
Lady Azshara - Betrayed the Quel'dorei. - wrong, see above
Xavian - Betrayed the Elves; tapped into demonic powers. - wrong, see above
Sargeras - Betrayed the Titans.
Arugal - Betrayed humanity; created Worgen menace. - wrong, the worgen were supposed to save lordearon from the scourge
The Entire Dark Iron Race - Betrayed the Wildhammer and Bronzebeard; summoned Ragnaros. - wrong, it was never thaurissan's intention to summon an elemental lord
The Entire Harpy Race - Betrayed Azshara. - never heard this one before
Ambassador Malcin - Betrayed the Forsaken; sided with Razormane. - wrong, all forsaken used to be scourge and the quilboar are allied with the scourge so he is actualy returning to his old "friends"

/lore police off

1. Still, they both worked together on various occasions, despite him being forever banished from Kalimdor.
2. He still betrayed Muradin by getting the Frostmourne, despite his warnings. This is the reason which he became the Lich King in the first place, no matter how "good" his intentions were. Also, the slaughtering of his own people and his decisions against Jaina also deem him as a traitor.
3. That was an accident :p
4. Jaina betrayed her father to ally herself with Thrall and subdue Grom in a Soul Gem.
5. Even though he was "possessed" he still tried to kill everyone. :rolleyes:
6. Azshara chose to become a Naga because of her lust for power, not because she was possessed, though he had been persuaded by Sargeras.
7. Xavius after he became a satyr is what I'm referring to. His corruption caused him to betray the elven race.
8. The Worgen were already deemed as a threat, but he released them. It was his own foolishness.
9. They betrayed the pact between the three dwarven clans. Technically, all the clans should be considered betrayers, however it was Thaurissan's will to summon a beast of great power to smite his enemies. Even though he didn't mean to summon Ragnaros doesn't mean he didn't intend to summon something almost equally powerful (which he did).
10. He was a Forsaken. He betrayed the Forsaken by siding with the Scourge. There's no question here.

T

TheConclave

still lil wrong, azhara didnt CHOISE to become a naga, nor did her higborne they became naga when well of eternity I imploded around them.

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Soo.... who's turn is it now?

Since nobody won, I'm guessing its Anything.'s turn. Again.

Or Anything. can choose who can go next, I guess.

Parsimony

Reaction score
Could someone please make a list of the used characters? I think i have something going on in my mind. :p

U

Ur-Quan

The most honored commander,
The foe of life.
He was protecting the world,
Now destroying it to ash.
Skin of metal,
Now of burning stone.
The trust he gained,
Dissapeared in blink.
He was honored as creator,
Now acting as destroyer.

Who is it?

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
I also think it's Sargeras, but since it's already been said I shall go with Deathwing, because some parts of the riddle match :p

risen_jihad

Reaction score
A simple errant of green skin,
attacked by those of not his kin.
fighting until his final breath,
ending with an honorable death.
the matters which he knew were grave,
not meant for any petty knave.

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
My first guess is Grom, but I think its too easy...

My second guess will be Brox.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.