Warcraft Tennis

rodead

Reaction score
Warcraft III Tennis

This is the first tennis game in warcraft III that i going to make with some help of this comunity ofcourse. the game is also a little based on Mario power tennis.

Your characters more Characters will be added later. or not.

- Human
- Night Elf
- Undead
- Orc

PLaying Styles
also here could be added some more playng styles but i am not sure yet.

- Defence (This hero is based on it's defence it will have a ball further away from a hero then others)
- Speed (This Hero wil move faster then others)
- Tricky (This Unit will be able to do som spells that will return the ball on the enemy)
- Power (This hero will be based of it's power and will play balls faster then others)

Courts

There are 4 diferant courts that are based on the Character. the Names Human, Undead, Night Elf, Orc Will be replaced with the caracters names when they are made.

- Human Stadium
- Undead Dome
- Night Elf Court
- Orc Power Court

FeedBack and Help

any help is apriciated feedback is also welcome! I also need some idea's about
the game. like what characters would you like.

if you think you can help me to give me a PM.

N2o)

Retired.
Reaction score
i havn't ever seen a tennis game nor ever seen any body attempt it so GL i'm here if u want assistance (PM me)

rodead

Reaction score
oke thanks for your post i think i will start with the game tommorow and i think i need help with the code of the tennis ball with 2 bounce and out and stuff like that i know this is going to be hard but a real challenge.:rolleyes:

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
rodead said:
so i wanted to know if any tennis game on wc3 allready is realeased because then i ain't going to make this.

Doesn't seem like you would be motivated at all..=/

Also, a tennis game wasn't made because I believe it was really hard to do such a thing, seems like a challenge. ;) Good luck.

rodead

Reaction score
i'm not so mottivated because i got bussy (exams) and i go on holliday so i don't got that much time for mapping :(

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
i'm not so mottivated because i got bussy (exams) and i go on holliday so i don't got that much time for mapping :(

Meh...

I'll be honest with you, motivation is the key point to mapping, you cannot do something if you do not have motivation, and if you do, actually do it without the motivation, it may not as be as nice as it could have been.

Choppa

www.warcraft-gamers.po.gs
Reaction score
You know one of that majour dissapointment's to these types of games (no matter how wellmade/fun) it is, the lag always makes them unfair, I'm guessing this game would depend on quick response time, but good luck with it.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
You know one of that majour dissapointment's to these types of games (no matter how wellmade/fun) it is, the lag always makes them unfair, I'm guessing this game would depend on quick response time, but good luck with it.

He can't help game host's crappy connections ;P

N

NuBy

Sounds cool BUT

How can you make the tennis courts.

Have you already found or made a model of a tennis racquet? or you arent gonna use one

How in the world are you gonna make the nets.

how are you going to make backhand or serves.

how are you going to hit that ball?

how is the character going to move around?

for the undeads, do you mean tricky as in the ball spinning?

the truth hurts.. I know

rodead

Reaction score
i shall explain every thing

How can you make the tennis courts.

> you create diferent terain and regoins where the ball may come and where not.

Have you already found or made a model of a tennis racquet? or you arent gonna use one

> didn't found one and if someone wants to make 1 for me i apricieate anf if no one makes one then there are no rackets.

How in the world are you gonna make the nets.

> using Dodads maybe something like fances and graves and that kind of stuff and i create a regoin as net and it checks if the ball is the right flying hight to go over the net.

how are you going to make backhand or serves.

> Serves i tought about that i think i will make something like blizard you know you need to select a point and there the ball is going to be served the ball can only be out by a service and never can be net about backhand i didn't tought.

how are you going to hit that ball?

check if the ball is in range of the unit and move the ball to the other side facing the units direction.

how is the character going to move around?

with arrow key movement

for the undeads, do you mean tricky as in the ball spinning?

maybe if it is possible but if not then the unit gots some spells that do something with the ball.

E

Eddiemassiv

yeah like Warcraft baseball and for the different courts way gates so multiple people can pick out who they want to play But after 4 people make it so they cant go in that specific court until the game is over

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Have a look at MaD Balls Arena, for ideas on how to make realistic ball bouncing movements. I think the engine behind that motion is submitted somewhere at www.thehiveworkshop.com

Good luck, and PM me when you have a version that I can play.

rodead

Reaction score
All of you really thanks for your reactions. Ban-Lord you could make the terrain:
- 4 Courts
- Human, Undead, Nightelf and Orc courts
- Keep some space left for view and select characters

And i allready talked to Mad about this game. but he said you are just bussy with something that is way to hard for you so stop it. (Because i make it in GUI)

but i try making it and ask for help here on the forum.

and for all players you can look at somethings i tryed to make.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
your servs2 trigger is a bit funky, it uses the pain point the point of the unit that casted it, if i move that unit it could potently screw up the whole game, i suggest you use the ball as the main point instead of the caster

also your arrow key movement is a bit strange, at times i would stop sliding out of the blue... what the heck?

with that seid, i think mad is right.... i suggest you familiarize yourself with slides before doing this project

N

NuBy

You added some unnecessary lines on your courts google it and change it.:) You also forgot to put the lines on the right and left edges.

ZOMG WHERE'D THE BALL GO LOL!

Another find. Zomg I shall run out to the forest and go to the other end to kill the opponent! RAWR

rodead

Reaction score
was just a test court on how it looks and ban-Lord is going to make the terain i hope. :)

also your arrow key movement is a bit strange, at times i would stop sliding out of the blue... what the heck?

what you mean by it? i know arrow key is sometimes stuck you must release first your key then hit the other one.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
>i know arrow key is sometimes stuck you must release first your key then hit the other one.

that is most likely why...

rodead

Reaction score
i don't know. my triggers won't do it other whise check them and look whats wrong.

Edit: i can't find any problems. and for me the movement is oke.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.