Crime Wave of church sex abuse lawsuits prompts Santa Rosa Diocese to file for bankruptcy

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The Diocese of Santa Rosa filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy on Monday in the face of potentially hundreds of sexual abuse lawsuits.

Bishop Robert Vasa had announced the filing was imminent in a media release Friday.

"This decision was made necessary due to the number of child sexual abuse lawsuits filed against the Diocese over the course of the past three years," Vasa said in the release.

Those suits were made possible by a 2019 California law that opened a three-year period during which victims of alleged childhood sexual abuse could file lawsuits that were otherwise prohibited under existing statute of limitation rules.

That period ended in December 2022 and since then the Diocese of Santa Rosa learned that it could be facing more than 200 such suits, Vasa said.

------------------------------
Bunch of Pedos! I grew up Catholic and am just so grateful that I did not suffer those kinds of abuses. I was even an altar boy but I guess what saved me was I with my best friend and his dad was a Deacon. They allow Deacons to get married and I was never alone with any priests.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.