Wc3 Problems on Vista?

crystalguard

Reaction score
Well a few months ago I upgraded from Windows ME to Windows Vista Home Premium edition and While i had my ME version Warcraft III and TFT worked fine, but ever since i upgraded I'v been getting error reports when i try to install it

Well I attached a pic of the error report and a Diagnostic Test of my computer for all you smart people lol

Attachments

• Warcraft III Error.jpg
    Warcraft III Error.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 274
  • DxDiag.txt
    42.6 KB · Views: 238

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
It shouldn't be like that. I run the same OS as you and I have no problems whatsoever.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Hmmm, that's odd - does the user account that you are installing on have adminstrator privileges?

I never had problems installing/playing WC3 on Vista, but it could* be User Account Control (since I've had a few issues installing other things and UAC was the problem in some cases)

*When I say could be, I'm only throwing out ideas since I haven't much of a clue about UAC other than the fact that I don't like it and, occasionally, it doesn't like me :p

crystalguard

Reaction score
It says that when the CD Is Scratched or it cant read it.

Try download WcIII Off blizzards Website,

Thats what i figured but i wasn't sure because it read the disk and the main folders but that just showed up when i launched the install. Ill try Finding it from Blizzards Site.

Edit: Well i can download the playable demo but not the full game. If i have the demo of RoC can i still install and play TFT, because thats all im really interested in.

Evan1993

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Thats what i figured but i wasn't sure because it read the disk and the main folders but that just showed up when i launched the install. Ill try Finding it from Blizzards Site.

Edit: Well i can download the playable demo but not the full game. If i have the demo of RoC can i still install and play TFT, because thats all im really interested in.

To get the full game you need to make an account at blizzard store and DL it.

crystalguard

Reaction score
Ugh lol another accout, i have like 900 unused accounts everywhere on theweb from www.amazon.com to www.Bitememagizine.com.
Also do i need to pay for it again? if so i mise well go to wal-mart or somthing because with 56k waiting the hours upon hours for it to download + the time it set B-nett back up isant worth it lol

redmarine

Reaction score
Ugh lol another accout, i have like 900 unused accounts everywhere on theweb from www.amazon.com to www.Bitememagizine.com.
Also do i need to pay for it again? if so i mise well go to wal-mart or somthing because with 56k waiting the hours upon hours for it to download + the time it set B-nett back up isant worth it lol

No, go to your game list and then add your wc3's serial number. Then you'll be able to download the game. It's similar to Steam.

punwisp

Reaction score
If it was on it before and you upgrade, it could have fucked it up, so you cant install it. or play it. Try getting rid of all traces of wc3 before installing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.