Weird Trigger Glitch

jhnam95

Reaction score
I have a trigger for reload that silences the unit when it is cast. But for some reason, it only silences when the game first starts before I move my unit. If I move my unit, it doesnt get silenced anymore. If I leave it at where it spawned, it will get silenced every time it reloads. Any ideas?

Here's the trigger:

Trigger:
  • Reload
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Reload
    • Actions
      • Player - Set (Owner of (Casting unit)) Current lumber to (((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current lumber) - (Integer(((Max mana of (Triggering unit)) - (Mana of (Triggering unit))))))
      • Unit - Create 1 Universal Dummy for Player 12 (Brown) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Reload Silence to (Last created unit)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Agility of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)) Greater than 100
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Reload Silence for (Last created unit) to 100
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Reload Silence for (Last created unit) to (Agility of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses))
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Fire Lord - Soul Burn (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Owner of (Casting unit)) Current lumber) Greater than or equal to (Integer((Mana of (Casting unit))))
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set mana of (Casting unit) to 100.00%
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Set mana of (Casting unit) to ((Mana of (Triggering unit)) + (Real(((Triggering player) Current lumber))))

Mana is current ammo, lumber is spare ammo, and the level of silence determines how long the unit is silenced based on the unit's agility up to 100 agility.

Attachments

• Reload Bug Test Map.w3x
    22.1 KB · Views: 197

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Well first of all, I didn't read the whole trigger carefully, but I did notice one thing.

(casting unit) and (triggering unit) are identical when responding to that trigger event. They are interchangeable. That might be your problem.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Moreover, if you order a unit to cast in a trigger, Casting Unit will be changed to that unit - so, in the bottom part of that trigger, it's checking for the lumber of Player 12 (the owner of the dummy), not of the Triggering Unit. Casting Unit is buggy like that, so Triggering Unit is what you should use.

Endless_Trev

Reaction score
also I dont think event response - triggering player works for a unit event, rather you should use owner of triggering unit

jhnam95

Reaction score
Silence range is 99999
I changed all the "casting unit" to "triggering unit" in the trigger. It made no difference. The silence still only works if my unit hasn't moved yet.

tommerbob

Reaction score
Ok sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Been busy this week. Anyway, I looked at the map, and frankly I have no idea why this problem is happening. I double checked everything in the trigger and object editor, and everything looks fine to me.

Have you tried using just the normal silence spell, and changing the data? Would that work?

tommerbob

Reaction score
I'm guessing it might be something to do with the dummy caster. But I don't know. :/

Also, just FYI, make sure you remove the point location so that it doesn't leak.

Trigger:
  • Set ReloadLoc = position of (triggering unit)
    • Create 1 Universal Dummy for... at ReloadLoc
    • custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_ReloadLoc)

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
1) Why do you make it cast Soul Burn?

2) Try using instead of your dummy Zone Indicator (Custom Campaign) or something.

3) You find it under Neutral Passive > Campaign > Buildings. Be aware it has 0 mana, so make sure silence has 0 mana cost too.

jhnam95

Reaction score
I really don't see what kind of difference a udg would make... I'll give it a try though.

I don't see the difference between using zone indicator and a dummy unit.

tommerbob

Reaction score
Change your trigger to the following to remove the memory leak. It doesn't fix your problem, unfortunately, but once you get it working, it won't leak anymore.

Trigger:
  • Reload
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Reload
    • Actions
      • Player - Set (Owner of (Casting unit)) Current lumber to (((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current lumber) - (Integer(((Max mana of (Triggering unit)) - (Mana of (Triggering unit))))))
      • Set ReloadPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Universal Dummy for Player 12 (Brown) at ReloadPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Reload Silence to (Last created unit)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Agility of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)) Greater than 100
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Reload Silence for (Last created unit) to 100
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Reload Silence for (Last created unit) to (Agility of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses))
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Fire Lord - Soul Burn (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Owner of (Casting unit)) Current lumber) Greater than or equal to (Integer((Mana of (Casting unit))))
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set mana of (Casting unit) to 100.00%
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Set mana of (Casting unit) to ((Mana of (Triggering unit)) + (Real(((Triggering player) Current lumber))))
      • custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_ReloadPoint)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.