What ability can i edit to give my unit HP regen bonus and armor bonus?

Astal

Reaction score
I cant find one in the editor. Im looking for somthing like Dragon Knights, Dragon Blood ability in dota

jnZ

I
Reaction score
you are refering to dragon knight in dota?

i bet its "inner fire" just set the duration to 0 so its endless

EDIT: no need for combination aura if you dont want a aura here, and dragon blood isnt an aura

Astal

Reaction score
use my inner fire method. its clearly the best in this case

will do, just couldnt find the right ability lol thanks

edit: you can have more than 1 ability with the same name correct?

also will i have to change anything else to make it constant? i removed the activate and deactivate strings

RedRage

Reaction score
You don't understand, no method really is the best... You can't just use inner fire, you need too trigger it because inner fire is a casting spell. So when a hero lvls up the "blank aura", you get a dummy unit too cast on the hero

jnZ

I
Reaction score
> You don't understand, no method really is the best... You can't just use inner fire, you need too trigger it because inner fire is a casting spell. So when a hero lvls up the "blank aura", you get a dummy unit too cast on the hero

thats exactly what i meant? he only asked for the ability to use not for the way of triggering it

EDIT: and no, there is a best method, and its this one because its the easiest and most efficient to use

EDIT2: ok sorry about that maybe he IS asking for the way of triggering it

so do it like this:

A

1 copy/paste inner fire
2 set the levels of inner fire to the levels of your dragon blood ability
3 set the manacosts and cooldown to 0
4 set the casting range to maximum
5 set the armor and regeneration values to whatever you want

B

1 if you dont already have one create a dummy unit

C

Create a trigger like this:

Event:
A units learns an ability

Conditions:
Ability being learnd = Dragon Blood

Actions:
Set TempPoint = position of triggering unit
Unit - Create 1 dummy unit for owner of triggering unit at temppoint
add YOUEDITEDINNERFIRE to last created unit
set level of YOUREDITEDINNERFIRE to level of Dragon Blood for triggering unit
order last created unit to Human priest - inner fire triggerin unit
add a 2 seconds generic expiration timer to last created unit
call removelocation( udg_TempPoint )

Astal

Reaction score
> You don't understand, no method really is the best... You can't just use inner fire, you need too trigger it because inner fire is a casting spell. So when a hero lvls up the "blank aura", you get a dummy unit too cast on the hero

thats exactly what i meant? he only asked for the ability to use not for the way of triggering it

EDIT: and no, there is a best method, and its this one because its the easiest and most efficient to use

EDIT2: ok sorry about that maybe he IS asking for the way of triggering it

so do it like this:

A

1 copy/paste inner fire
2 set the levels of inner fire to the levels of your dragon blood ability
3 set the manacosts and cooldown to 0
4 set the casting range to maximum
5 set the armor and regeneration values to whatever you want

B

1 if you dont already have one create a dummy unit

C

Create a trigger like this:

Event:
A units learns an ability

Conditions:
Ability being learnd = Dragon Blood

Actions:
Set TempPoint = position of triggering unit
Unit - Create 1 dummy unit for owner of triggering unit at temppoint
add YOUEDITEDINNERFIRE to last created unit
set level of YOUREDITEDINNERFIRE to level of Dragon Blood for triggering unit
order last created unit to Human priest - inner fire triggerin unit
add a 2 seconds generic expiration timer to last created unit
call removelocation( udg_TempPoint )

Can i use a dummy unit I used for another spell, or should I make a seperate copy of it.

jnZ

I
Reaction score
you only need one "invisible" dummy unit for all your spells that is casting the ability
ofcourse you would need some other dummy units (for example for effects) because you cant change models via triggers

Astal

Reaction score
im confused, what is YOUEDITEDINNERFIRE ? Is that the new ability I made from copying innerfire?

Astal

Reaction score
This is what I have so far, I cant find the last line the call removelocation( udg_TempPoint ) unless thats a custom script

I dunno, i just dont understand how this is going to work at all. Its always going to be set at level 1

Code:
T Virus Mutation Tyrant
    Events
        Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    Conditions
        (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to T-Virus Mutation (Tyrant)
    Actions
        Set Temp_Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy T-Virus Mutation (Tyrant) for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Temp_Point facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add T-Virus Mutation (Tyrant) to (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Set level of T-Virus Mutation (Tyrant) for (Triggering unit) to 1
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Priest - Inner Fire (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Look for the action line called Custom Script. You know you can search in the action editor?

jnZ

I
Reaction score
This is what I have so far, I cant find the last line the call removelocation( udg_TempPoint ) unless thats a custom script

Code:
T Virus Mutation Tyrant
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy T-Virus Mutation (Tyrant) for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Temp_Point facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add T-Virus Mutation (Tyrant) to ([COLOR="DarkRed"][B]Last created[/B][/COLOR] unit)
        Unit - Set level of T-Virus Mutation (Tyrant) for ([COLOR="DarkRed"][B]Last created[/B][/COLOR] unit) to 1 < [COLOR="Green"][B]why 1? dont you want it to be set to the level of the actual ability?[/B][/COLOR]

and you have to type the following into a Custom Script:
RemoveLocation( udg_Temp_Point )

Astal

Reaction score
and you have to type the following into a Custom Script:
RemoveLocation( udg_Temp_Point )

Ok, but how is the dummy unit going to know what level spell to cast? Wouldn't I have to do an if statement for each level?

Think This Will Work?

Code:
T Virus Mutation Tyrant
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        [B]Set TVirusTyrantLevel = (Level of T-Virus Mutation (Tyrant) for (Triggering unit))[/B]
        Unit - Add T-Virus Mutation (Tyrant) to (Triggering unit)
        [B]Unit - Set level of T-Virus Mutation (Tyrant) for (Triggering unit) to TVirusTyrantLevel[/B]
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point)

jnZ

I
Reaction score
instead of just setting a "1" there use "Level of T-Virus Mutation (Tyrant) for triggering unit" (like i said before) post the whole code again if you make any spelling mistakes in the custom script an error will occur

and btw is it the same ability that is learned by the hero and given to the dummy unit? the ability that your hero learns has to be a passive one

Astal

Reaction score
instead of just setting a "1" there use "Level of T-Virus Mutation (Tyrant) for triggering unit" (like i said before) post the whole code again if you make any spelling mistakes in the custom script an error will occur

and btw is it the same ability that is learned by the hero and given to the dummy unit? the ability that your hero learns has to be a passive one

yes it is. I thought the one my hero learned was supposed to be the same one hehehe. Now i gotta figure out how to fix that

To give my hero a passive one, wouldnt I just give him an aura or somthing similar?

jnZ

I
Reaction score
just create a dummy ability based on devotation aura for example set the levels to howmany you want the T-Virus thingy to have but thet the armor bouses to 0 for each level. set the tooltips to whatever you want (basicly this ability is only for the visualisation to the user and for triggering)

you would have to change the condition in your trigger after that to this:

(Learned Hero Skill) Equal to YOUREDITEDDEVOTATIONAURA

and

Unit - Set level of T-Virus Mutation (Tyrant) for (Triggering unit) to Level of YOUREDITEDDEVOTATIONAURA for triggering unit

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.