What would you like to see...

Idontknowyou

Reaction score
Add a bunch of different ways to gather resources, I find getting money from taxes alone a bit boring and it makes it so that you don't need to do any expansion; add things like fisheries, gold mines, copper mines, iron mines...., farm land, whatever other natural resources you can think of. Make it so that each resource has a different way to gather it, farm land could be just patches of land where you plant things, fish colonies could be harvested using boats which act like peons, mines and qaurries could be mined with miners who attack the rocks.

Make it so that you need certain resources, and make it so that you need food resources to keep your population up.

you could make a multiboard for each player which shows thier resources ( food, ores, lumber......)

Edit: for a good catapult take the demolisher model and check " riegn of chaos" under "art-model file extra version", the old model is alot better than the demolisher.

The Arcot

Reaction score
I like the fishing, mining and farming ideas, but I think it's a bit too late to complete it for this version, maybe another time. Right now there is gold (obtained by taxes (sorry) and fighting) and lumber (which will be later changed to something rarer). Lumber is used for the construction of towers and siege units, as well as some other special things, and it obtained by trading gold for it as special marketplaces. There are only 2 or 3 of them in the whole map, so they are worth attempting to defend.

And thanks for the catapult thing. I need both the catapult AND demolisher models. I'm using demolisher as a packed up trebuchet (very powerful siege unit, but takes some time to set up), so I need catapult as a more mobile Mangronel type vehicle.

Also, if and when you play my map, (the first version) you may notice things like ruined farms, destroyed shipyards and abandoned towers. Almost all of them are placeholders for the fixed-up version of themselves in the future (ruined farms=capturable farms for a third resource, to use your idea).

Idontknowyou

Reaction score
oh, just another idea, make it so that there are actually villagers walking around your empires, each one can represent either 10 or 100 citisens.

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
oh, just another idea, make it so that there are actually villagers walking around your empires, each one can represent either 10 or 100 citisens.

ye and change the food icon from the food cap into a human. and let it represent how many villagers, there is, and the villagers should be able to leave the town / castle if they're displeased or their's house have burned down

Idontknowyou

Reaction score
problem with using food icon:
wouldn't be able to have a limit on your army
absalute max villagers would be 300

better to show the ammount of villagers on a multiboard.

The Arcot

Reaction score
there isn't a food cap though. I find games with food caps are less exciting and greatly limit the combat possibilities.

The Arcot

Reaction score
Like, I like the idea of villagers and stuff, maybe later I could find a way to work it into the income system, but at the moment there are just houses.

I figure it would be sort of like Castle Builder Highlands, but I never fully understood how that worked.

The earthquakes were a cool idea too.

Idontknowyou

Reaction score
you could make it so that disease is a buff that goes onto the villagers instead of just something that lowers population; you can have plague doctors who heal the villagers when they are plagued.

Idontknowyou

Reaction score
make it so that you send the civilians to the barracks to turn them into soldiers, instead of just training soldiers out of nowhere.

T

themtxaw

oh my god... that just made so much sense...

or even put some of them in training camps to be better soldiers, so you can have options, if you under attack and need soldiers fast, just arm them with weaps. Or you can put them in little camps for a certain amount of time depending on what kind of warrior. 1 day could be like, a grunt, 2 days archers/ warriors/gunman 3 days horsemen ppl etc... and you can do this with large groups of ppl, but you have to pay for these men to work for you, like the real army, so you don't want to make everyone a warrior guy, so those reg. people can pay you taxes

Idontknowyou

Reaction score
and you would also need to feed your army and pay them periodicly ( maybe you can make it so that a unit's mana is thier hunger and it regenerates when near a food supply?)

Royal family.
make it so that there is a king ( if you havn't already) who can have many wives and create children with the wives, and when the king dies the oldest child becomes king ( a level 1 king of course); that way, you don't just simply kill the king to win, but the whole royal family.

T

themtxaw

yeah, like everyday you can type a command or something to send them to the mess hall for about 4 minutes, and there mana will be fully replenished, but you have to pay more money each time you do this, and if the building gets fully destroyed while they are still inside ( like a one hit or 2 hit kill building thing) they will al die, except a few survivors...

and you could be able to send out a spy, and see if anyones going to attack you, and if your about to be attacked, you can lead the family through the underground castle dungeons/caves, and try to escape

The Arcot

Reaction score
I already have it.

In medieval times there were two main types of catapults: mangronels and trebuchets. Trebuchets worked using a counterbalance and could fire volleys of rocks, or else large boulders over walls and into the castle baily to smush the people and houses inside. Mangronels, which used powerful torsion ropes fired at a low trajectory, and were used to break down the walls themselves.

In my map, there are both. However, mangronels can drive a bit, then fire, then drive, whereas trebuchets need be folded up (into a demolisher model) and placed on a wheeled wagon in order to be mobile.

As for the training idea, its a really, really good idea, but as many of the races are non-human (demon, naga and animal, to name a few), it would be rather awkward. However, I'm building up a fair collection of good ideas that I can't currently use, so maybe I'll make another map after this one. :cool:

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I want to see the ability to change your martial status :)

As in: Fall in love, get married! Now you're a husband! Then you get kids. Then you and your kids go to war :O TO WAR! Then you get old. Then your kids have kids and then their kids go to war! XP. Maybe something like a mating system :O But I'd like to have to build on a relationship instead of just clicking "Marry Me!" and Boom. Done. That's boring :p

T

themtxaw

well for some races you won't have to do the training thing like that, for example demons, it would sort of make sense to summon guys, or you could open demon gates some kind or rifts or something where over time demons would pore out. Naga might have to be a little more difficult, they might have to go out, find some night elves, and they could trap them under water for a day, because this method might be a little harder, you could get 2 or 3 naga units from each 1 unit, and dependant on the unit you capture, you will gain different units.

High elves can be placed in schools

dwarves (pretty much same method as humans, camps)

Undead can travel to graveyards to summon creatures, and like the naga capture people as sacrifices, and they sacrifice them geting one unit per person (because this would be easier maybe they would get a little bit worse units

umm i cant remember the rest of the races

orcs, again could probably be camps

animals... um captured from the wild? i dont know, perhaps your villager animals give birth to babies, and you put them in genetic mutation labs, and they get big and strong

night elves, i have no idea

i think this can all work out... that would be pretty sweet too, and the captured people don't even have to be a part of another players village or something, and for undead it can be any race, they can just go out, find some bandits, or traveling salesmen or something...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.