Who comes first

AlExAlExAlEx

Reaction score
Can i put in a place let's say 10 footmans..and the first player that comes with a unit(hero or whatever unit) get's control of them ?(till they die)

Vaius

Reaction score
Three triggers.

Code:
Pick Footmen
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 0.10 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Footman_Area_Region matching ((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Footman)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to Footman_Control_Group

Code:
Gain Footmen Control
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters Hero Select <gen>
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of Hero) for (Owner of (Entering unit)) at (Center of Hero_Spawn_Region) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Footman_Control_Group and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to (Owner of (Entering unit)) and Change color
        Trigger - Turn on Hero Select <gen>
        Trigger - Turn off Gain Footmen Control <gen>

Code:
Hero Select
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters Hero Select <gen>
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of Hero) for (Owner of (Entering unit)) at (Center of Hero_Spawn_Region) facing Default building facing degrees

AlExAlExAlEx

Reaction score
don't i need a region for this ? and what team do i set the footmans ?
Can i make it so it won't work for player 7 and 8 ?

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
You could give "unit - make rescuable", along with a range, a try.

Alternatively, give them to an otherwise unused player that is an enemy to your players,
wait for a unit to be attacked by that player, then change the attacking unit's owner to the attacked unit's owner.

AlExAlExAlEx

Reaction score
You could give "unit - make rescuable", along with a range, a try.

Alternatively, give them to an otherwise unused player that is an enemy to your players,
wait for a unit to be attacked by that player, then change the attacking unit's owner to the attacked unit's owner.
that's the idea..7 and 8 are already used by the computer..i can't "sacrifice" another slot..already "sacrificed" 2..so any other ideas?

Vaius

Reaction score
Trigger, something like this:

Code:
Make Footman Rescuable
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Make Footman 0000 <gen> Rescuable

AlExAlExAlEx

Reaction score
oh , while placing the footmans..i have a little problem..i don't know how to spawn them as Netrual passive , and not to a player :D it has been asked again but this search dose'nt work propely >.>(or i don't know how to use it)

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Preplaced? Well, select them all, and press enter. If you can't go forward from there, I suggest we abandon all hope.

Vaius

Reaction score
Or, if you're placing them, on the unit palette, there is a scroll box where you can choose what player the unit will belong to, at the bottom is Neutral Hostile, Neutral Passive, and Items.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
You can't choose units that are for the four 'normal' races that way. I don't know why Blizzard did it like that...

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Sigh. Place them, select them, hit enter, edit owning player. Is it really that difficult?

AlExAlExAlEx

Reaction score
Trigger, something like this:

Code:
Make Footman Rescuable
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Make Footman 0000 <gen> Rescuable

If i'l do like that , i'l have to select all the footmans one by one..and they are around 50..is'nt some kind of function like this "All footmans..from playable area" ?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
...?
Trigger:
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to (==) Footman)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions

AlExAlExAlEx

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Footy Trigger
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.10 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman)) and do (Unit - Make (Random unit from (Last created unit group)) Rescuable by (All players))

Will this work ?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.