Other Who wants to Collaborate with me on my oRPG?

marvey323

Reaction score
I'm currently working on an oRPG (have been doing so for about 2 weeks now) and I find that in order to get it completed it's going to take a lot longer than if I partnered up with someone else (or more than one person).

Basics (what my oRPG is about):
- Bosses, dungeons, player vs player, very similar to TBR
- name? (dont have one yet)
- story (need one)

Goal:
- Focus is to make really challenging boss fights, TONS of custom items, engaging player vs player system, something to keep players on the map for a long time.

Currently what I have already accomplished includes:
- Fully working spellbooks (active/passive available on heroes at map init) taken from guides at thehelper.net
- Fully working ai respawn and patrol system taken from guides at thehelper.net
- Fully working weapon and armor upgrade system coded by me from scratch
- Fully working customizable creep bounty system taken from guides at thehelper.net
- Fully working MUI Quest system which allows players to share quests if they are near each other at the time of taking the quest, otherwise puts them in their own groups to solo the quests.
- Fully working level requirement on equipment as well as equipment amount restrictions on heroes (assasin can dual wield but cant carry a shield, warrior can carry 1 shield and 1 sword, clerics and mages cannot carry any weapons and only light shields and staffs, and so on.....)
- 7 classes on the map (Barbarian, Mage, Cleric, Paladin, Assasin, Defender, Shaman, ... want to add many more and the current ones can be changed at any time).
- 3 to 5 skills made for each class and over 100 ready-to-use skills between hero/bosses.
- Mobs from level 1 to 20 with various spells/ai/patrol system

I am telling you upfront that I am new to map making, the above is 100% accurate and it's what I have been able to accomplish over the last month or so. Prior to that I had 0% knowledge in map making so you can see I'm earnest and hard working and want to make a really good, balanced, LONG, and fun oRPG.

I'm really trying to find someone who will help me continue the project. I don't mind doing most of the work but if there's someone who has as much or more knowledge than I do in map making and wants to contribute to its progress then I welcome you with open arms.

I can be reached on MSN:
[email protected]

Or just private message me here and we can go from there, but I feel real-time chat is a must (IRC will do too).

My JASS knowledge is limited but the way I usually get around stuff is converting gui to jass and looking how the code works and implementing gui into jass that way.

Thanks for considering.

- Ivan

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Heh, I'm bored and have nothing much to do. I could help out with some coding and such.

>implementing gui into jass that way
Are you sure it isn't the other way around?

And, seriously. Ivan Storm? The guy in Runescape (embarrassing that I know that, I know)? Roflmuffins.

marvey323

Reaction score
ivanstorm is just some 'meh' name i had many years and just kept it because all my schoold friends were on my list.

Holla.

Reaction score
I like to do terrain, although this is kinda the fun part for you so it can be used as a break but.. yeah.
Are you going to use blizzard cliffs?

marvey323

Reaction score
I forgot to mention about terrain.

My terraining skills are beyond horrid. How can we communicate? Msn ? IRC?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.