Why doesn't my unit waypoint trigger work? Need help!

world23wc3

Reaction score
Okay, here is the three triggers i'm having some trouble with.
I'll try my best to give you a good explanation as I possibly can.

This is a trigger for my game Santas Arena(Currently in development).
This is how I want it to be: A unit(footman) begins with spawning in region "Force 1 unit spawn 1". The spawned unit gets ordered to attack move to the next region "Building 1 point 1". When the unit reaches the other region it's ordered to stop. After that it waits 5 seconds, after the 5 seconds have passed it gets ordered to the next region "Building 1 and 2 point 2".
Did you notice the problem(I haven't told you yet)? When the unit reaches region "Building 1 point 1" it doesn't stop moving. Instead it goes back to region "Force 1 unit spawn 1" and it gets stuck in a loop.
Do you know any solution?
I'd be grateful for any help I get!

Trigger:
  • Building 1 unit spawn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Force 1 unit spawn 1 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Footman
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Entering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Building 2 point 1 <gen>)

Trigger:
  • Building 1 point 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Building 1 point 1 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Entering unit) to Stop
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order (Entering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Building 1 and 2 point 2 <gen>)

Trigger:
  • Building 1 point 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Building 1 and 2 point 2 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Entering unit) to Stop
      • Unit - Order (Entering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Building 1 2 3 4 point 3 <gen>)

Thanks for taking your time!

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Many things to improve in these triggers:

Helpful Trigger to avoid memory leaks! (Very important to do it this way)
Trigger:
  • Unit Spawn Constant Variable Setup
    • Events
      • Map Initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • set Building_2_Point_1 = Center of Building 2 point 1 <gen>
      • set Building_1_and_2_Point_2 = Center of Building 1 and 2 point 2 <gen>
      • set Building_X_Point_3 = Center of Building 1 2 3 4 point 3 <gen>

Trigger 1).
Trigger:
  • Building 1 unit spawn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Force 1 unit spawn 1 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman
      • (Custom Value of (Triggering Unit)) Equal to 0
    • Actions
      • AI - Ignore (Triggering unit)'s guard position
      • Unit - Set the custom value of (Triggering unit) to 1
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To Building_2_Point_1

Trigger 2).
Trigger:
  • Building 1 point 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Building 1 point 1 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Custom Value of (Triggering Unit)) Equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set the custom value of (Triggering unit) to 2
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To Building_1_and_2_Point_2

Trigger:
  • Building 1 point 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Building 1 and 2 point 2 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Custom Value of (Triggering Unit)) Equal to 2
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set the custom value of (Triggering unit) to 3
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To Building_X_Point_3

So what did i change?
I removed the memory leaks in your triggers to increase performance i used global constant variables set at maps initialization instead of temporary point variables.
I changed the "Entering Unit" in every instance of your triggers to a "Triggering Unit" since the triggering unit is not lost after a wait while the "Entering Unit" will become "No Unit" once you have a wait inside your triggers.
I added a custom value system to determine whether a footman has already passed a waypoint or not, this way a footman will never be ordered the same move again because he mistakenly stepped into the wrong rectangle at the wrong time.
I also made the owning players AI ignore the footmans guard position, this is most likely the reason why your footman was returning to his spawn location instead of going on like you ordered him to do. If a player slot is set to be owned by a computer in the editor he will use his units even if no AI script has been activated there is a slight standard AI common to all units.
I also added a wait to the last trigger because without the wait the "stop" order wouldnt make any sense there.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.