Why won't this trigger work?

Septimus

Reaction score
Well, making the map in such a way might not only possibly cause leak. But could possibly slightly increase the map size as well.

In addition, you would had to work harder on it. By using variable for it. Not only you do not had to make several trigger for it, but save time and avoid memory leak as well. :thup:

Hold on, I would show you a sample of how to make such a trigger.

Ub3r_

Reaction score
Well, making the map in such a way might not only possibly cause leak. But could possibly slightly increase the map size as well.

In addition, you would had to work harder on it. By using variable for it. Not only you do not had to make several trigger for it, but save time and avoid memory leak as well. :thup:

Hold on, I would show you a sample of how to make such a trigger.

Sounds tight man.

Septimus

Reaction score
Well, this is the map contain the sample trigger for it.

Infact, it even had a dialog system that enable a user to select difficulty. But, I do not suggest you to make the difficulty system if you are planning to make a tower defense cause all those trigger are took from my survivor type map where only 1 player able to select the difficulty. If you still insist of making the dialog system, that's mean only player 1 had the right to choose the difficulty for everybody which is a downside. :thdown:

And because my map is combination of survivor + hero defense, the boss only available for final stage. But, if you want to know how to make a tower defense that mention boss or air unit gonna appear. I suggest you to look upon Azure Tower Defense cause soo far it is 1 of the tower defense that I had seen the trigger been set professionally.

You can view Azure Tower Defense map trigger on how to set a much efficient spawns system. It is available since you install warcraft 3 and frozen throne to your pc unless you delete it by yourself.

If you want to set a dialog system that enable different player to choose different difficulty that could effect the enemy hp, is not that hard. I can help you set it up, but you would had to set up the dialog system, unit and etc etc 1st before I able to set it for you.

Ub3r_

Reaction score
Well, this is the map contain the sample trigger for it.

Infact, it even had a dialog system that enable a user to select difficulty. But, I do not suggest you to make the difficulty system if you are planning to make a tower defense cause all those trigger are took from my survivor type map where only 1 player able to select the difficulty. If you still insist of making the dialog system, that's mean only player 1 had the right to choose the difficulty for everybody which is a downside. :thdown:

And because my map is combination of survivor + hero defense, the boss only available for final stage. But, if you want to know how to make a tower defense that mention boss or air unit gonna appear. I suggest you to look upon Azure Tower Defense cause soo far it is 1 of the tower defense that I had seen the trigger been set professionally.

You can view Azure Tower Defense map trigger on how to set a much efficient spawns system. It is available since you install warcraft 3 and frozen throne to your pc unless you delete it by yourself.

If you want to set a dialog system that enable different player to choose different difficulty that could effect the enemy hp, is not that hard. I can help you set it up, but you would had to set up the dialog system, unit and etc etc 1st before I able to set it for you.

It looks mega confusing bro. But I sure as hell could use the Anti-Lag System.

Septimus

Reaction score
This is a trigger that had been set in simple and yet efficient way.

It might look confusing, but if you look and try to understand it logically. You might soon get the drift out of it.

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
Your trigger should work well, there is no ''mistakes'' that make something fail when making this trigger.

But like i said before, green TD triggers are here as first way of making TD and it can help begginers but all spawning can be done in 1 trigger with as much action as there are players in your map (not counting cpus).

But still, you do it your way, nothing to change if you find it too confusing. I started that way too and ended up making simple and simple TD.

Good luck!

LiveSsenkrad

Reaction score
ive had problems with Last Started timer, so instead use a variable timer??

Code:
Wave Start 2
Events
Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Number of units in (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Player 12 (Brown))) Equal to 0
Then - Actions
Sound - Play EndLvl <gen>
Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for (WaveTimer_2) with title Wave 2 Begins In:
Countdown Timer - Start (WaveTimer_2) as a One-shot timer that will expire in 30.00 seconds
Wait 15.00 game-time seconds
Sound - Play Warning <gen>
Game - Display to (All players) the text: Warning! Wave 2 is ...
Countdown Timer - Destroy (Last created timer window)
Trigger - Run Wave 2 <gen> (checking conditions)
Else - Actions

Septimus

Reaction score
LiveSsenkrad, you are hijacking a thread. You should just make another topic for it. But, since it is similiar problem and you seem to be new at here and might not know the rules of it. I guess it could be fine. Just hope that nobody give you neg rep out of this.

Wave Start 2
Events
Conditions
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Number of units in (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Player 12 (Brown))) Equal to 0
Then - Actions
Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for (WaveTimer_2) with title Wave 2 Begins In:
Set (WaveTimer_2) = (Last created timer window)
Countdown Timer - Start (WaveTimer_2) as a One-shot timer that will expire in 30.00 seconds
Wait 15.00 game-time seconds
Trigger - Run Wave 2 <gen> (checking conditions)
Else - Actions

The problem with your last started timer are very obvious, you set it wrongly.
You should had set this or else the trigger would not recognise the timer window variable as being the last created timer window.

You can just download the sample map from the upper post of mine.

LiveSsenkrad

Reaction score
?? i just suggested that a variable timer might solve the problem to his trigger, i never intended to hijack any thread and i am not trying to answer my own problems in this thread, it was only a suggestion, hoping that might solve his problem.

Ub3r_

Reaction score
SUCCESS! I GOT IT WORKING!

Code:
Wave Start 1
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for Wave_Timer[1] with title Wave 1 Begins In:
        Countdown Timer - Start Wave_Timer[1] as a One-shot timer that will expire in 30.00 seconds
        Wait 15.00 seconds
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: Warning! Wave 1 is ...
        Wait 15.00 seconds

Code:
Wave 1
    Events
        Time - Wave_Timer[1] expires
    Conditions
    Actions
        Sound - Play StartOfFirstLvl <gen>
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        If ((Player 2 (Blue) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create 20 Footman for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Blue Spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Player 3 (Teal) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create 20 Footman for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Teal Spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        If ((Player 9 (Gray) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create 20 Footman for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Grey Spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Player 10 (Light Blue) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create 20 Footman for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Light Blue Spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        If ((Player 7 (Green) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create 20 Footman for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Green Spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Player 8 (Pink) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create 20 Footman for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Pink Spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        If ((Player 1 (Red) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create 20 Footman for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Red Spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        If ((Player 6 (Orange) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create 20 Footman for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Orange Spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        If ((Player 4 (Purple) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create 20 Footman for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Purple Spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Player 5 (Yellow) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create 20 Footman for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Yellow Spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
        Trigger - Turn on Wave Start 2 <gen>

Code:
Wave Start 2
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for Wave_Timer[2] with title Wave 2 Begins In:
        Countdown Timer - Start Wave_Timer[2] as a One-shot timer that will expire in 30.00 seconds
        Wait 15.00 seconds
        Wait 15.00 seconds

Code:
Wave 2
    Events
        Time - Wave_Timer[2] expires
    Conditions
    Actions
        If ((Player 2 (Blue) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create 20 Footman for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Blue Spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Player 3 (Teal) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create 20 Footman for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Teal Spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        If ((Player 9 (Gray) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create 20 Footman for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Grey Spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Player 10 (Light Blue) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create 20 Footman for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Light Blue Spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        If ((Player 7 (Green) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create 20 Footman for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Green Spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Player 8 (Pink) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create 20 Footman for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Pink Spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        If ((Player 1 (Red) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create 20 Footman for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Red Spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        If ((Player 6 (Orange) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create 20 Footman for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Orange Spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        If ((Player 4 (Purple) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create 20 Footman for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Purple Spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Player 5 (Yellow) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create 20 Footman for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Yellow Spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
start the timer, then make the window.

Septimus

Reaction score
Well, making trigger this way is kind of time consuming. And there is no need to set it to wait.

Wave 1
Events
Time - Wave_Timer[1] expires
Conditions
Actions
Sound - Play StartOfFirstLvl <gen>
Wait 2.00 seconds
Trigger - Turn on Wave Start 2 <gen>

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.