why wont this trigger work?

Red_drake

Reaction score
so i had this working before as an AoE ability, but i converted into something else, and its single target now, but it stops working, can someone tell me whats wrong?
Code:
cast beserk
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to (Autarch)Surgical Strike 
    Actions
        Set Surgical_TargetUnit = (Target unit of ability being cast)
        Unit - Add (dummyspell)(Autarch_strike) dmg increase  to Surgical_TargetUnit
        Unit - Set level of (dummyspell)(Autarch_strike) dmg increase  for Surgical_TargetUnit to (Level of (Autarch)Surgical Strike  for (Triggering unit))
        Unit - Order Surgical_TargetUnit to Orc Troll Berserker - Berserk
        Unit - Remove (dummyspell)(Autarch_strike) dmg increase  from Surgical_TargetUnit
i changed the targetunit variable to triggering unit and it worked, so it makes me think its something wrong with the target unit of ability being cast event response

AoW_Hun7312

I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Reaction score
:nuts: Is it supposed to add Beserk to the unit that it's being casted on?

Red_drake

Reaction score
ya, the beserk doesnt give any bonuses... just the increased damage... if you have a better suggestion to increase damage from all sources go ahead, but thats always worked for me, cause beserk doesnt interupt orders

AoW_Hun7312

I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Reaction score
I honestly don't know why it won't work. Also, why do you need to set the unit being targetted to a variable?

Red_drake

Reaction score
does no one have an idea? i tested it on my own units too... it doesnt even give the unit the ability...
edit: and im prolly gona get warned for double posting... is it ok if i double post.. but like way later?

Dmshu

Reaction score
Try putting a wait in between the order and the removal of the spell and see if it works. It might be removing the spell before the unit can cast it because trigger execution is reallyyyyyyyy fast. Also I like to put display message to all players in the trigger of what is happening and what the variables and their orders are when something is not working.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.