Win 7 freezes when videos are watched

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
I have win 7 for less then a month now. When i got it, it seemed to work perfectly, but now i'm having some issues with video playback.

It seems that when i playback video (any video, be it from online streaming or an .avi on my computer) the windows suddenly decides it wants to freeze and i can't do anything short of pushing the reset button. I've only noticed this recently, because i haven't watched been watching anything up until now, and now when i get Avatar and all the seasons in high quality i freaking hate resetting my computer several times a day.

Drivers are updated to the end, and win 7 is ultimate edition. Anyone have any suggestions?

Exfiltrate

Reaction score
What are your computers specs?

Please post your computer's full specifications. Also, have you installed any codecs, etc?

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
No codecs, as i heard it interferes with win 7 (i don't know from where, i just heard it, it may be untrue). I had no problems opening the video, so i assumed most of the codecs came with the win7 package.

As for my specs:

CPU: Intel Core Duo e4500 @ 2.2Ghz
Memory: 3gb Kingston ddr2 800mhz
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS
Sound Card: Integrated on Motherboard, SoundMax
Mobo: Asus P5B
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 940b

What else do you need that could relate to video?

I had no problems playing video files less then a month ago on WinXP ^^

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
you probably need to dowload codecs/drivers for vcard??
you could call microsoft tech help #
here

punwisp

Reaction score
Well like all OS's, they come with some issues in the beginning, it will take a while before we see Windows 7 without issues. But right now, it us having some issues. Thats why I'm waiting more than a year.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Well i checked with them, it seems it's some kind of a problem with the nvidia drivers and the actual OS, and i can't do anything short of reinstalling the windows and it MAY be fixed. I guess i'll be waiting for Nvidia drivers to update, hopefully they will soon >.<

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.