Windows Vista bsod on startup

sLsIDK

Reaction score
First, I opened google chrome. Then I got a BSoD. Now every time Windows is loading I get a BSoD. I've tried last known good configuration and safe mode to no avail. Any suggestions?

Ensabahnur

Reaction score
Have you made any changes to your PC - installed new hardware, drivers, etc?

What's the stop error you're getting?

sLsIDK

Reaction score
.Nope, the only thing I installed was just an attempt to install .Net framework Beta. I tried repair, because I had a program that needed it to work and it wasn't working. And I'm getting a blue screen of death, not sure what it's saying, it lasts for about a second then finishes dumping my RAM

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
.Nope, the only thing I installed was just an attempt to install .Net framework Beta. I tried repair, because I had a program that needed it to work and it wasn't working. And I'm getting a blue screen of death, not sure what it's saying, it lasts for about a second then finishes dumping my RAM

Hm... You can't get into safe mode? Damn, try using the windows repair disk.

sLsIDK

Reaction score
I (took a risk and) installed Windows 7 without formatting, as I did not want to lose anything I already had on it, and it appears to be working fine. I am using it to post this right now. Although, the first time I logged it it restarted the computer, which it has never done to me, but it appears fine now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.