Windows XP "Glitch?"

T

tHE_ghOsT

I often get a "glich" of sorts in windows xp when (not always)

a) A window stoppes responding
b) I close a window or program
c) Close IE
d) Close Warcraft 3 or Warcraft World Editor
e) do not move the mouse or type for over 5 min.

so i was wondering what i should do to prevent the "glitch" from happening because it makes it very difficult to test maps because sometimes when WC3 is open and the map isnt i cant save the map in WC3WE...

i may not be giving enough relavent info....

PLZ HELP!

T

tHE_ghOsT

i knew i forgot something...

the glitch is that i cannot execute any files... NONE the windows do not open... and i cant even restart.. i have to restart my computer by pressing the button without going to Start>Shut Down>Restart...

Logical_1

Advisor
Reaction score
I've seen the same thing happen on my computer at home, but it seems to have gone away. I think I was able to trace it back to visiting websites with a certain kind of scripting and also running something like WoW on it at the same time. I stopped visiting the website while playing WoW and the problem went away.

chris

Reaction score
its more that likely that if you run an optimizer through your computer the problem will go awy.....most of the time its one of those things.

Also it can be problems with any of the hardware ie..ram and if the computer is using up to many resources that can cause different problems.

If it starts to get on your nerves...like it would with me i would just back up my data and then reinstall windows.....cures the problems 99% of the time

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.