World of Warcraft - ORPG

The Big S

Reaction score
logo.gif

Over the course of the past there have been many Warcraft III ORPG's based on the hit MMORPG "World of Warcraft."

But just how realistic are they compared to the real game?

I, the map developer of this ORPG, have played many of the other World of Warcraft ORPGs, and sadly I have found that many of them don't feel like WoW. Whether it be the unrealistic terraining, or being able to play as Nagas, there has always been something odd (or in some cases, many things).

The goal of this World of Warcraft ORPG is to immerse players in a World of Warcraft-like environment based on the game we all know and love.

What makes this ORPG better?

World of Warcraft ORPG is planned to have many features that none of the others have. Every single detail is covered, from the names of creatures, right down to the actual tool tips on abilities. You will actually play on the geographically-correct landmasses of Azeroth and Kalimdor. You can play as any of the 8 original races (Dranei and Bloodelves are still being debated). You can even group up with players for instances! PvP? Yep. Mounts? Yep. Items? Ohhhh yeah.

In fact, the only challenge right now is going to be talents if they are implemented, although it would make a save/load code considerably longer.

The game is in early-early developement.When the beta hits though, everyone is welcome to join in and test. Stick around nonetheless to read about updates and changes that are made every day on the game.

Thanks!

- The Big S

OFFICIAL FORUMS (WEBSITE ON THE WAY):

http://z6.invisionfree.com/WoWORPG/index.php?act=idx

Screenshots:

Undead Race Preview with 4 of their classes (Don't worry, all the classes will be implimented for them)
woworpgundeadij9.png

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
Will this include only the Big Four (Humans, Orcs, Undead, Night Elves), or will Blood Elves, Tauren etc. be included?

deloctyte

Reaction score
He said all eight races of WoW (Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, Night Elves, Orcs, Trolls, Tauren and Undead) will be playable, but he is not sure about the ones in the expansion: Blood Elves and Draeni.

The Big S

Reaction score
As of this date, I believe that at launch only the 8 main races will be playable. HOWEVER, later on I will include a "Burning Crusade" expansion of my own, including the Blood elf and Draenei. :)

D

darklegionxx

A good idea, but i think this has been done too many times for this title to even stand out. You should just make a new rpg thats like wow. Personally, i'm bored of wow. But that's just my opinion. Good Luck =p

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
Haven't people had enough of WoW jammed down their throat alread!?

D

darklegionxx

Haven't people had enough of WoW jammed down their throat alread!?

I think you are being a little harsh, no one is forcing you to play wow, like i said before though, WoW has been used by a lot of people, it's just getting boring now.

The Big S

Reaction score
Darklegionxx - Eh, we will see. I think this one will be at least the most realistic one to date. My hopes are that people will at least give this one a try. Who knows, maybe the realism of the map compared to World of Warcraft will make them enjoy it. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Ozzdog - I don't know what your problem is. I am simply getting my game's name out there. This was not a post to see how many people would not like another game based on World of Warcraft. Like Darklegionxx said, no one is forcing you to play World of Warcraft or any World of Warcraft maps. I don't care if you like them or if you hate them, but please, if you are going to post something in this thread, at least make it have a point and/or be constructive. Thanks.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
I think it'd look better for the Priest and the Warlock models to be switched, and to possibly use the Warrior's sword and shield on a different model for uniqueness (tired of skele warriors -.-)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
If he's just starting out, there's always time to think about custom models/skins for the characters. As for too many WoW maps, it doesn't count if they suck ^.^ The best one I ever played was named WoW Reborn. The editor of the map (it was not originally theirs and they gave a lot of credit to the original maker) did not keep updating it for the patches and bugs filled it, eventually. I don't even think it's playable anymore :D

The Big S

Reaction score
PROGRESS UPDATE

I am currently working on the Nightelves. First up is the Priest class. 5 out of 11 spells for the Night Elf Priest are complete:

- Resurrection
-Mind Blast
- Mana Burn
- Lesser Heal/Heal/Greater Heal
- Inner Fire

All of these spells are completely IDENTICAL to World of Warcraft in tooltips, effect values, and everything.

Also, just like in WoW, damage/healing spells have a minimum and maximum value; your spell will hit in between that value.

For example, lets say a Priest is using "Lesser Heal - Rank 1" on an ally.

Here is what the Spell's tooltip looks like:

Lesser Heal 1.5 Second Cast
Rank 1
Heal your target for 46 to 56.

---
When they cast it, their ally will be healed for some thing between 46 and 56.

Spell Damage/Healing Damage:

Through talents and/or special armor, your character can gain bonus spell/healing damage. This value is added on to your healing and damage spells.

So lets go back to that Priest - He would have normally healed the player for 49, but he has 5 bonus healing. So he would actually heal the player for 54!

Same exact thing with damaging spells.

more to come..

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Exactly identical?

What's fun for people who are already paying for WoW? Why waste their time with your dinky little WC3 map.

No offense, but that's what some people are gonna think :p Make it interesting for everyone, people who play WoW and people who don't.

The Big S

Reaction score
Looks nice,

Any terrain screenies as of yet?

Eh, still working on the terrain. Figured I'd start with Darnassus, so when I have some I'll let ya know. (I'm one of those weirdos who likes to do everything first and the terrain last :p)

@ Seth Cross - Good point, but most of the time the people who really play WoW don't really play Warcraft III anymore. My clan leader in clan ORPG has been gone for 2 months after saying he was taking a "short break to check out WoW" :p

The point of it being identical is that some people cannot affort to pay 15 a month for the game. This way, they can still play it, and people who have never played will still find it a great ORPG.

Even though it is WoW themed, each character has 12 unique abilities (matched only by Defiance I think? And Rulerofiron99's ORPG), its a huge map, there are seperate maps for doing dungeons together for better loot, and more! I would think any ORPG fan would dig that! :p

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If a character is healed between X and Y health that means that most of the skill are triggered? And you would be using spell books correct?

The Big S

Reaction score
Yes, many abilities ARE triggered.

As for criticals, I'm not sure yet.

And the game IS multiplayer

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.