Health Too Much Stress May Give Your Genes Gray Hair

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Some stressful events seem to turn a person's hair gray overnight.

Now a team of researchers has found that severe emotional distress - like that caused by divorce, the loss of a job, or caring for an ill child or parent - may speed up the aging of the body's cells at the genetic level.

The findings, being reported today, are the first to link psychological stress so directly to biological age.

The researchers found that blood cells from women who had spent many years caring for a disabled child were, genetically, about a decade older than those from peers who had much less caretaking experience. The study, which appears in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, also suggests that the perception of being stressed can add years to a person's biological age.

-------------------
LOL - they are just finding this out. I could have told them that 2 years ago when my hair went grey after my divorce. Its like Columbus discovering America or me discovering my backyard.

Last edited:

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Heh heh, one of my mom's friends, who never had grey hair in his life, started getting seriously grey.

I don't imagine you as the grey type:p. I've only seen one picture of you, and that one seemed a little old.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.