A Few Questions

K

Kuja9998

Hey just a few things that i have not been able to figure out.

1, How do you protect maps against hackers i have seen sniper maps have anti hacks but have not been able to find out how they do it.

2, Is there any editor that allows you go over the 255 location limit. I am making an RPG and the location limit is a serious problem.

3, Is there currently a way to make a ums map for sc that uses differant nit graphics that can be edited such as the unit editor in warcraft 3.

Please answer these questions.

Thanks,

Kuja

Ilendil

Most Respected Former Admin
Reaction score
1. I'm not that sure...
2. I remember an editor that said you can go over that limit, but that was over a year ago so I'm not sure about this one either.
3. Its not possible. (if its to be played on the net)

K

Kuja9998

LOL

well thanks i guess but you really didn't tel me anything.

if anyone has some answers please tell me

Thanks,
Kuja

U

Unregistered

Yeah

Yes you can go over the 255 unit limit.

Download the Emerald Edit patch and it lets u do that, along with placing start location next to mineral fields, and gives you a few extra things including the little minerals that u see the worker carrying, the gas cubes, eggs, and tanks, zerg eggs, larvae, and a few more heros. Also, any team can control any unit with Emerald Edit.

I can't give you an exact url to download it, but I'd suggest typing in "Emerald Star Edit" in Google and sifting through the results.

-Nick

Ilendil

Most Respected Former Admin
Reaction score
He said 'locations,' not 'units.'

Units can be placed in an infinite amount.

G

Gudlain

Protect ur map

Go on google.com and look up a program called GUEdit. This program allows u to change tiles (like jungle to twillight), player colour, and a whole bunch of stuff... Including putting a protection on your map, but u have to make a copy for yourself that doesn't have a copy, or u won't be able to open it...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.