Adding Unit Of Different Race To Player

C

Cornly

Okay, how do i add a unit of a different race to a player.

example:

I want to make a protoss zealot be player 1's (which is a terran race)

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You can also do it with the Create Unit trigger
(this can be a pain if you have a lot of different units to add)

if you want them to be able to actually build this unit, you'll need those special editors I suppose

C

Cornly

Okay, thanks.

I'm gonna try the EP2K prog first.. It looks pretty useful.

C

CmdrTydaeus

Only difference between using the 'create unit' trigger and EmeraldEdit is that with EmeraldEdit, you place the unit like normal (ie, player 1 is zerg, player 2 is protoss, you place a zealot for player 2), and then give the unit to the player you want to control it at the beginning, via the menu or the number keys.

'Create unit', on the other hand, will need a location and a condition of when to create the unit ('always' works fine if you want the player to start with the unit) and will create the unit sometime during the game. This has the advantage that you don't need any special editor, ofc. (I have the problem that EmeraldEdit won't work on the older computer I do most of my work on.)

My personal preference, however, is to use the 'give unit' trigger, and have a spare neutral player of the right race to place units for at the beginning, and then immediately give that player's units to another player at the beginning. For example, in my current RPG, the townsfolk are Terran, but have some zealots helping them. I have player 5 as Terran, and player 6 as Protoss. I place zealots at various town gates in the map editor, and include a trigger that gives all zealots owned by player 6 to player 5.

H

HELLSS

blek

That's a lot more un-needed work when you can just place them in an emerald...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.