AI CONTEST #1 Battle Thread

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
The battles for today are arranged for the same time as yesterday.

Around 6 hours remaining.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
What, really?

I guess I'm so used to watching SC replays which don't require you to have the map featured in the replay.

I will upload the maps with the code after group B battles are finished.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Yes, we can't watch them without maps.
Lol, I said around 5 times over the course of the threads that the replays would be useless without the maps... XD

Edit:
  • A win gets you 3 points, a draw 1 and a loss 0 points in group stage.
  • In case of a draw, two AIs with the less cumulative time spent fighting will advance to the next round.
If this applies to the finals, you still must rematch Gwypaas and myself to obtain the time spent fighting. 7 minutes is a lot, was it not meant to have been reached.

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
For some reason I can't watch battle #2 o_O
Nice ones though.
Shadow Hunter was a lot better than I expected, it actually stands a chance :eek: (needs some work though)

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
I just watched Jesus4Lyf VS Gwypaas, the full thing for the first time. I reckon I would've killed him. I can't believe no one realised at the very end: We're both standing in the fountain, he's in windwalk. The multiboard says he's not detected.

I suppose we'll get to see the match without bugs (fountain reveal and corpse spawn fixed) for the semi-finals. :)

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Group A match-up videos are now available on youtube.

I suggest to watch them there, in HD quality.

The results of group B and the due dates of semis and finals will be posted soon.

warden13

Reaction score
Thanks for vids and replays.
In TideofChaos vs warden13 battle, victory was just one shadowstrike ahead.. My dumb AI didn't casted and get noobed. So it deserves to be eliminated XD
Jesus's AI is really good. But in our match, his warden's AI looked like ordering my warden as well. You sure you dont used pick unit types of warden etc?
Looking forward to see other battles.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
>But in our match, his warden's AI looked like ordering my warden as well. You sure you dont used pick unit types of warden etc?
Absolutely certain. It plugs in by setting a global to "Last Created Unit" at the start and only issues orders through that global and such. :thup:

But thankyou. :D

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
I just realized that since Andrew gave the maps too, I can make them fight each other again, so I rematched gwypass and 4lyfe (the one where he double ulted and blinked too much).

The result was similar: Although he didn't double ult, he still blinked way to much. In fact, he pretty much only blinked, doing 4 blinks at a time with no wait in-between going from fountain to fountain, so fast the blademaster could almost never hit him. They fought sometimes, but usually healed up to full health afterwards. It quit at about 5 mins because the blademaster bugged like he did in that one other game and sat cloaked in one spot, and the warden bugged and sat in the corned she usually goes too, and they both just sat there being very brave together doing nothing.. o_O

warden13

Reaction score
I did the same thing, I gave a chance to battle once more..And watching it is really funny. Results were interesting.

+TideOfChaos defeated the Jesus4Lyf. (Under 2 minutes)(Wards blocked warden's path he blinked but it was too late..)
+Jesus4Lyf defeated the gwypass. (In 6 minutes.)(Blademaster stucked again)
+warden13 defeated Jesus4Lyf. (Under 2 minutes) (My dodge trigger worked well this time XD)
+gwypass defeated warden13. (At the match in the tourmament I was just lucky. Blademaster owned me under 2 mins this time XD)
+gwypas defeated tideofchaos: (It wasn't easy but managed to kill it finally.)
+Tideofchaos defeated warden13: (My AI lost his mind at the same location again and get killed exaclty same way. It was inevitable maybe.)

So I understand it. Result's 50% depends on luck XD You may get different results at every match.

Congrats. to Jesus4LYf and gywpas. ^_^

GetTriggerUnit-

DogEntrepreneur
Reaction score
I saw the replay of Jesus vs. Warden. GJ Jesus. It was hard to know which warden was to which player. I tought that the winning one was warden, since the end.

Jesus coded in Gui?

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
+warden13 defeated Jesus4Lyf. (Under 2 minutes) (My dodge trigger worked well this time XD)
Sounds like you used TriggerSleepAction. It lasts a different amount of time on battle.net (so you shouldn't use it). :p

Although those results surprise me.

>Jesus coded in Gui?
100% GUI. And no custom script lines. :p

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
:/ Probably mentioned above, in fact it is.... but Jesus4Lyf vs Gywpass is not working.... the map is there... correct name and stuff... it even shows the minimap icon of the replay. But...

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
I will re-upload the Jesus4Lyf vs Gwypaas map and replay as soon as I am back.

Yes, I will be going away for a couple of days for personal reasons.

The group B results will posted as soon as I get back, too.

Not to mention the replays, maps and videos.

Sorry guys for keeping you all waiting.

Real life gets in the way.

:eek:

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
I am back again and I have uploaded the videos and posted the results of group B.

About the Jesus4Lyf vs gwypaas replay - I couldn't manage to get it work, the replay doesn't recognise the map.

We have to satisfy with the video.

Anyway, looks like Jesus4Lyf, gwypaas, Exide and 13lade619 will go to the semis - a best out of 3 matchup.

The semis will take place on friday the 7th, the same time, the same place.

22:00 CET, U.S.East server.

Jesus4Lyf vs 13blade619
gwypaas vs Exide

(Group A winner vs Group B second place)
(Group B winner vs Group A second place)

Have fun!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.