Anyone willing to create a few spellpacks?

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Avaleriaderia, I'd love to try to do a few vJass spells for you, but only simple ones :p

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
I'd prefer if it weren't vJASS because then I wouldn't know how to edit it:(. Thanks for offering though!

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's Avaleirra not Avaleriaderia ^^

It's a nickname, hence it rhyming with itself.

I'd prefer if it weren't vJASS because then I wouldn't know how to edit it

Do you know what JESP is? It's pretty much a standard that (v)JASS spells should follow that makes customization easy and simple. So, I can create a spell thats customizable easy to you with an interface like this.

JASS:

globals
       integer DAMAGE == 20
       integer MANABURN == 40
   endglobals

Or whatever the spell needs, and you just change it there.

If you still don't want to, it's fine.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Ok, you changed my mind :p, I'll post a spellpack soon.

the Flash Flood (water elemental model) (int hero)

Splurge - Splashes a huge amount of water beneath Flash Floods's feet. Slows nearby units in a 450 AOE. Lasts 5 seconds.

Level 1 - 20% slow
Level 2 - 40% slow
Level 3 - 60% slow
Level 4 - 80% slow

Evaporate - the flash flood turns himself into a steam cloud, increasing movement speed as well as slowing enemy units. While in steam cloud form attacks have a chance to miss.

Level 1 - 15ms bonus, 10% slow, 10% chance to miss
Level 2 - 25ms bonus, 20% slow, 15% chance to miss
Level 3 - 35ms bonus, 30% slow, 20% chance to miss
Level 4 - 45ms bonus, 40% slow, 25% chance to miss

Freeze - Flash Flood freezes himself, making him take less damage. If used while in steam cloud form it will freeze one nearby enemy. (the enemy also benefits from damage reduction) Freeze will also freeze all units(friendlies as well) in place if used after splurging. Lasts 4 seconds.

Level 1 - 20% less damage
Level 2 - 40% less damage
Level 3 - 60% less damage
Level 4 - 80% less damage

Fragment - Gives Flash Flood the ability to Splurge while frozen. Flash Flood sends out thousands of needle-like shards that do damage.

Level 1 - 400 damage, 600 AOE
Level 2 - 600 damage, 700 AOE
Level 3 - 800 damage, 800 AOE

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
ill love to help i like making spells but never have any good ideas
i only do Gui if thats ok
just pm me your description of the spells and ill see what i can do

is
Bloodthirst-The Vampire King is overcome with bloodlust and leaps at the closest enemy, sinking his teeth into their flesh.
L1:Jumps X distance, drains X health.
L2:Jumps X distance, drains X health.
L3:Jumps X distance, drains X health.
L4:Jumps X distance, drains X health.

a target or instant

Murre

Reaction score
I'll try out the Frost Nova, but I have to know..
First a stun with some kind of freezing effect? And then when the stun wear off they'll get slowed?
Btw, Air units allowed? :p How long for the slow effect?

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Haha okay come on, he's new to JASS :)

Anyway, Since nobody knows whose doing what, everybody just do anything they want and just submit their version of the spell, and maybe Avaleirra can pick which ever one she wants?

Anyway, I'm doing the spells for Archmage. First one is simple, added some effects. Second one posting a problem though.

Murre

Reaction score
1. Haha okay come on, he's new to JASS :)

Anyway, Since nobody knows whose doing what, everybody just do anything they want and just submit their version of the spell, and maybe Avaleirra can pick which ever one she wants?

Anyway, I'm doing the spells for Archmage. First one is simple, added some effects. Second one posting a problem though.
1. Jaja :p
2. I'll do Frost Nova :p
3. ^I did it, practically done. Just need to figure how to make the "remove blue chilly effect and activate death animation on ALL units that dies out of the spell" :p

Edit: Attached the map, it still needs to be fixed @the ResetUnit-trigger part :thdown:

Attachments

• Frost Nova by Murre.w3x
    14.4 KB · Views: 234

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
ill love to help i like making spells but never have any good ideas
i only do Gui if thats ok
just pm me your description of the spells and ill see what i can do

is
Bloodthirst-The Vampire King is overcome with bloodlust and leaps at the closest enemy, sinking his teeth into their flesh.
L1:Jumps X distance, drains X health.
L2:Jumps X distance, drains X health.
L3:Jumps X distance, drains X health.
L4:Jumps X distance, drains X health.

a target or instant

target

@everyone
i'd highly prefer if the spells for a hero cone in one spellpack because heroes like the archmage, zergling, and flash flood have spells that synergize together. Thank you for making them though, I'll rep you anyways :)

EDIT: if spells are not related to any other spells then I'll accept them individually, sorry for being so picky :(.

millz-

Reaction score
Epic Failure.

He's right about the "=" and "==". When setting the value of variables, only 1 "=" is used. Try compiling your "globals" section with 2 "=" you will definitely get errors.

>Nope, it's JASS. When your going to make it "equal to" it has to be "==" because "=>" means some other stuff and "=<" too :p

"==" is used in comparison not for setting variables. "=>" and "=<" doesn't exist. It should be ">=" for greater than or equal to, and "<=" for less than or equal to.

Just some clarifications.

Edit (On topic):
Archmage
Fireball - The Arch Mage channels his arcane powers for 2 seconds releasing a huge ball of fire that deals x damage to enemies it hits. (also destroys trees)
note: works like storm bolt but deals aoe damage to units it passes through. don't have to target the unit directly.

L1: Deals 75 damage
L2: 150
L3: 225
L4: 300

Frost Nova - freezes all enemies around the Arch Mage dealing x damage and freezing them in place for 2.5 seconds. Also, the unit is slowed by x amount after the stun duration.

L1: 30 damage, 25% slow
L2: 70, 30%
L3: 125, 35%
L4: 200, 45%

Shatter - Give a X% chance to do X as much damage with fireball when the target is stunned or frozen.

L1: 30% chance to do 1.5x
L2: 35%, 1.65x
L3: 40%, 1.8x
L4: 50%, 2x

Channel - the arch mage summons up all his god-like powers for 6 seconds to make his next fireball do crazy burst damage. buff lasts 10 seconds.

Note: channeled spells also deal pure damage.

L1: Next fireball does 1.5 times as much.
L2: does 1.7 times as much and has a 0.5 second stun
L3: does 2 times as much and has a 1 second stun.

Need some clarifications.
1. Is Fireball a unit target or point target or unit and point target? What's the cast range? And Aoe of the ball?
2. Shatter is a passive? That makes your Fireball deal more damage if the target has the buff "Frozen" from your Frost Nova?
3. Does damage bonus from Shatter and Channel stack? Meaning Fireball's 300 damage *2 (for Shatter) *2 for level 3 Channel, which make it 1200 damage (And pure)?
4. "the arch mage summons up all his god-like powers for 6 seconds to make his next fireball do crazy burst damage. buff lasts 10 seconds." So is it 6 seconds, or 10 seconds?

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Need some clarifications.
1. Is Fireball a unit target or point target or unit and point target? What's the cast range? And Aoe of the ball?
2. Shatter is a passive? That makes your Fireball deal more damage if the target has the buff "Frozen" from your Frost Nova?
3. Does damage bonus from Shatter and Channel stack? Meaning Fireball's 300 damage *2 (for Shatter) *2 for level 3 Channel, which make it 1200 damage (And pure)?
4. "the arch mage summons up all his god-like powers for 6 seconds to make his next fireball do crazy burst damage. buff lasts 10 seconds." So is it 6 seconds, or 10 seconds?

1. Should be unit and point target. You can put in the range/aoe and let him/her edit him/herself :)
2. Shatter IS passive. Actually fireball does more damage whenever the unit is stunned or frozen. But I did mine based on the frozen only.
3. Can't answer that.
4. 6 seconds to channel, lasts for 10 seconds after channeling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay I'm finally done. Wow, look at the time now. :p

Anyway, I'll start off with the most important things. Firstly, these spells are not 100% exactly like what you described, because I couldn't get them made properly no matter how hard I tried. Secondly, this is not the best, and there are definitely more better ways to do it.

I've included notes inside these triggers on where to edit data, and made your skills' data easier to put into 1 trigger. Example,
Your skill : 1/3/7/9
I've made it : 1/3/5/7
So the trigger : 1 + ((level of ability - 1) X 2)

As for data in the object editor, you have to take a look at them for yourself :).

Also, for those information that you have not provided, I've put in my own values or left as default of the base spell, so please look carefully and edit them :).

And yes, there are all 4 spells of the Archmage. If you have any queries please feel free to ask, because I might have missed a thing or two in there.

Sorry I didn't rename the map...

Attachments

• Working Map.w3x
    20 KB · Views: 250

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
@Skyblade333
Great work! +rep. I know others are working on the map as well so to be fair I will wait for them before choosing :)

@millz-
1. point target, cast range 900, AOE 300
2. yes
3. Yes, and pure
4. lol oops, lets make it 10 :)

millz-

Reaction score
Actually, Ava, since sky has made your Archmage, just edit from there :p. I have not started on it. I will probably attempt on The Rusher though, but please do not give high hopes on it, because I have trouble figuring out how to make a unit have no collision and does not go through cliffs ~_~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.