Builder doesn't complete build

T

Thumper08

I'm making a tower defense map and have a builder that can build towers [like every other td :p] but when he builds the tower, it will start to build, show up on the ground, but never finish. The build time on the tower is set to 1. I thought it was maybe because my builder hovers above the ground so as to get around the map easily. Any ideas?

if your builder is human race you got to add the 'repair human' skill to him.

Thankyou. it worked, although i had to change a night elf builder to a human builder. Anyways, ty for the help ^^ -props-

:banghead::banghead:
Thankyou. it worked, although i had to change a night elf builder to a human builder. Anyways, ty for the help ^^ -props-

It didnt work for me... I have a gryphon rider, with the human reapair ability and he still doesnt finish his towers :banghead:
What else can i try?
Cheers :thup:

This works for me:

Trigger:
  • Instant Build
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins construction
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Constructingbuilding = (Unit-type of (Constructing structure))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Constructing structure)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set point = (Position of (Last created unit))
      • Unit - Kill (Constructing structure)
      • Unit - Create 1 Constructingbuilding for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at point facing Default building facing degrees

This only works for buildings that are 2x2 in size,

TIP: make the builder and dummy (ofc) have '0' in collision size. And remove the animation when the unit dies. ( Art - Special ) :thup: :D

I'm proud of myself :p

Attachments

• instant build.w3x
    11.8 KB · Views: 152
Did you give the Gryphon the Worker classification

Did you give the Gryphon the Worker classification

This doesn't do anything except make the unit not auto-attack, and add the idle worker icon.

Make sure the towers have the Mechanical Classification

This would also be needed. A unit cannot be repaired unless it is a mechanical unit.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.