Dummy not going straight

The Duff Man

Reaction score
hello, i made a spell like DotA's invoker meteor spell but the dummy wont go straight when I aim it on a cliff or a doodad. The dummy has locust and it's movement is flying. And here's the trigger if you're wondering

Meteor of Hell Effect

Events
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability

Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Meteor of Hell

Actions
Unit - Create 1 Meteor of Hell Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
Set Hell_Meteor = (Last created unit)
Sound - Attach Meteor_Movement <gen> to Hell_Meteor
Animation - Change (Last created unit) flying height to 100.00 at 1600.00
Unit - Order Hell_Meteor to Move To ((Position of Hell_Meteor) offset by 1000000000.00 towards (Facing of (Casting unit)) degrees)
Wait 1.00 seconds
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of Hell_Meteor) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl
Wait 0.50 seconds
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of Hell_Meteor) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\FragmentationShards\FragBoomSpawn.mdl
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of Hell_Meteor) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Undead\ImpaleTargetDust\ImpaleTargetDust.mdl

the rest are all the same special effects until 5 seconds

Unit - Kill Hell_Meteor

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Use "Angle between (Position of (Triggering Unit)) and (Target Point of ability being cast)" rather than "Facing of (Casting Unit)", it's way more accurate.

The Duff Man

Reaction score
so it should look like this?

Unit - Order Hell_Meteor to Move To ((Position of Hell_Meteor) offset by 1000000000.00 towards (Angle from (Position of (Triggering unit)) to (Target point of ability being cast)) degrees)

because if it does it does not work too

The Duff Man

Reaction score
just one last thing. how do I make the meteor stop following the facing angle of the caster when it's moving???

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.