I need to keep slow aura tornado between morphs

Elmekior

Reaction score
Let me explain. I did a trigger that cast a slow aura on target Hero unit. But when the targetted Hero morphs using lets say crow form, the slow aura disappears.

I was using this slow aura to simulate that the hero is tired from lack of sleep in my rpg. Do you have any clues what goes wrong between morphings.

Thank you

Q

Que

You could try using a trigger to have the ability recast onto it

Code:
Event
Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
Condition
Ability is crow form
Action
Have (Dummy unit) cast the slow ability on the new morphed unit

Thats just an idea off the top of my head...

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
the problem is that the morphing ability despells all buffs. You can fix this problem with something similar to the above poster

PHP:
Events
   unit - a unit finishes casting an ability
Conditions
   ability type of (casting unit) is equal to (crow form)
   unit (casting unit) has (<<slow aura buff>>)
Actions
   create 1 (dummy caster) for (neutral hostile) at (position of (casting unit))
   order (last created unit) to cast (<<slowing ability>>) on (casting unit)
   remove (last created unit) from the game

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
Technically, the conditions are wrong, I believe.
Because, technically, the casting unit won't actually have the slow buff - you will need to check it another way, not using buff check.

ianu74

Reaction score
How about creating a custom aura that slows himself?Add it to him when he casts crow form

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
Technically, the conditions are wrong, I believe.
Because, technically, the casting unit won't actually have the slow buff - you will need to check it another way, not using buff check.

I think it's just the event that is wrong, should be begins casting an ability, and then wait before the buff is added, but you are (technically) right, nice error spotting!

ianu74

Reaction score
How about Creating a trigger that picks every unit in the map, then if your conditions are true, set unit movespeed to whatever you want.Then after that you can set the movespeed back to the same.

Elmekior

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I did not know that all buffs were removed on morphing. I will see what I can work out with your suggestions.

If anybody has another idea, keep on feeding the post, I will check it later.

Elmekior

Reaction score
Unfortunatly I double checked and that is the aura that i am using. In my memory morphing used to work with slow aura. Is it something that I changed in game, is it a result of the newest patch (I doubt) or was I inattentive?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
It will if you hold SHIFT while you double-click on the field. That disables the safeties.

Elmekior

Reaction score
Ghan it work regarding negative value. But still the endurance aura disappeared when morphing. I am speecheless. There must be something to be done? Is'nt the something we can activate or deactivate in the editor.

I tried keepoing aura when polymorph in gameplay constant, but that is not morphing so it did nothing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.