Making mountains/hills

BruteBrutal

Reaction score
How do I create mountains that a Hero can walk up on? When I'm raising the ground I can't really figure out how "Ramp"-function works.. sometimes it doesnt, and sometimes it does... but if its on many levels up it never does.

I've learned the basic mechanics of the game, and alot of triggerfunctions, now i have to start improving the terrain..

Tamisrah

Reaction score
Check out the terraining tutorial.

You are encouraged to use the terrain raise/lower tool over those blizzard cliffs.
You might need to modify a file to get it right but it is provided within the tutorial.

Weyird

Reaction score
I would advise making the whole map be "water shallow" and then raise or lower it to something else (it makes for really pretty beaches with the sand tile). And then for mountains/cliffs, raise it and use the rough looking rocky tile, and then put pathing blockers on it. Looks way prettier and I don't make any maps with the normal cliffs anymore.

If you're making cliffs, then you can drag the "ramp" tile (in the section along with deep water, shallow water, raise 1, raise 2, lower 1, lower 2) along the length of the cliff. But it has to be a straight cliff, or for corners there need to be enough space. Takes a bit of practise to make it look pretty enough thou. Sometimes on corners you get these ugly black spots.

IF you're talking about the doodad called "ramp", those you just need to get the spacing right. Mustn't be too far away or anything. You can make them higher/lower by (i think) pressing ctrl and page up/page down. You can just do that till the top connects nicely with the level of the upper cliff you want to connect to so it doesn't hover above the ground. The rest will sink into the ground where you won't see it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and when working with pathing, it helps to switch pathing on in the editor so you can see it. I think it's under File, or View, or something. It saves you loading your map each time to see if your unit can walk there or not.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.