Mapping Contest! Details Inside!

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
would a kodo tag count, I have alway wanted to make a one of those, I think they are sooo fun :)

Sargon

Reaction score
Jindo said:
EDITED, the idea of the contest now is to make a new type of map which MUST include these:

towers
attacking units
lives
winning and losing system

or a new map which has never been done before!

So either make a new type of map but it has to be a tower defense, or make a completely new type of map that has never been done before in 3-5 years of custom mapmaking, and you only have about 40 days to do it?

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Jindo, does the map have to be unprotected?

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Sargon said:
So either make a new type of map but it has to be a tower defense, or make a completely new type of map that has never been done before in 3-5 years of custom mapmaking, and you only have about 40 days to do it?

It can be any map (even a custom map) it just ha to include the stuff shown on the first post.

Its not November the 20th now, its December 20th.

You can make kodo tag, but it must be from scratch, add in as many new ideas as you can.

@mase: i already told you... no, it doesnt matter.

Good luck and hope to see some good ideas ( i will remove the list of contestants and judges).

~Jindo

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
Jindo said:
It can be any map (even a custom map) it just ha to include the stuff shown on the first post.

Its not November the 20th now, its December 20th.

You can make kodo tag, but it must be from scratch, add in as many new ideas as you can.

@mase: i already told you... no, it doesnt matter.

Good luck and hope to see some good ideas ( i will remove the list of contestants and judges).

~Jindo

I was planning on it, and I have already got some neat ideas I have never seen in a Kodo Tag before, atleast since the last time I played one, like over a year ago

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
I'm going to make one too, sorta a team defense, where you have to build defenses and units to hold off enemies. There will be trade, the main source of gold, and rescource gathering, (wood and maybe a couple mines, but they give low gold compared to trade, and are few and far between) and food gathering (the food in the top left will show food used this month/average food gathered in a month). This should make for a good new style of map, where you have to keep trade routes secure and defend rescources from the enemies. The building system will be similar to the empires in heros and empires. (all done from scratch, I won't (and can't since it's protected) copy triggers from HaE)

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
yes you can.

mase PMed me so now we got the judges.

(you can note down things about other entries, just so you dont have to wait until december the 20th for judging :)).

~Jindo

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
nvm

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
nah, they didnt pin the last contest i did, they only pin the official ones.

Im not a mod/admin/leader of TH so its not official.

~Jindo

S

skyrider123

lol yeah we could just bump it every day lol hehe :D
ohh btw you shoulden't change the ideas any more or u will confuse people :mad:

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Ok.

Bumb ;)

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
ban-lord2 said:
sweet im in i have a great map idea too!
Did you read the first post? Rules

MasterOfABCs said:
can we use a previusly made one?
You can use ideas from and old one.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Just so you guys know this is an unofficial contest even if a mod joins to judge it.

Rad

Reaction score
Sounds like a TD with the requirenments, lives towers attackers win/lose... :rolleyes:

Ok Ill make a TD... a unique TD Ill start an idea pool in Notepad so add me as a contestant and Ill see what I can do!

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
You can make ANY map, it just has to include the things in the first post.

So that means you are allowed to create a new kind of map which has never been done before.

@TheHelper: ah ok, silverhawk is a judge, i meant if an admin or someone hosted it. Probably still wouldnt be official :eek:.

~Jindo

Sargon

Reaction score
Jindo said:
You can make ANY map, it just has to include the things in the first post.

So that means you are allowed to create a new kind of map which has never been done before.

@TheHelper: ah ok, silverhawk is a judge, i meant if an admin or someone hosted it. Probably still wouldnt be official :eek:.

~Jindo

Umm...you didn't get what he said. He said that your requirements basically force it to be a TD, or a very very TDesque map.

L

Luciann

Hmmm sounds interesting, I'll try to finish the one I'm working on by then....maybe I'll submit it here...currently have 2 projects goin n have been real busy lol...

c ya round! ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.