Mapping Contest! Details Inside!

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Mapping Challenge(ish) Contest(ish)! Details Inside!

EDITED, the idea of the contest now is to make a new type of map which MUST include these:

towers
attacking units
lives
winning and losing system

or a new map which has never been done before!

CONTESTANT RULES:

~You may use other maps for reference and ideas.

~You may use ideas as long as they are not COMPLETELY stolen from another map.

~Do NOT send a map you already made, as recently agreed, everyone should have the same time to produce a map.

~Must include the things above.

~You may not take some one else's unfinished map and finish it, then claim it to be a new type of map.

---

JUDGING RULES:

~There will be 3 judges (including me).

~We will judge by: originality, difficulty, details and space used.

~Each category will be marked out of 10.

~Bugs will affect scores (lose 1 point for each bug).

---

Originality: If you design a new map from scratch, you will get a good score from this, or you can make a TD and add new stuff in :).

Difficulty: Challenging maps will get high scores, but dont make it too hard or it will score very low!

Details: Scenery gets good marks, so do text messages which tell you what to do at the beginning.

Space Used: Use as much space as possible, you will most likely lose 2-5 points if you have a 32x32 maze on a 256x256 map.

---
Deadline wll probably be November the 20th or sooner if people finish early and no more contestants enter.

DEADLINE = December 20th 2005 (USA = 12/20/05) (UK = 20/12/05).

Overall, have fun, any new map ideas must not be told to anyone or they may get stolen (not by me :p).

There will be no forum prizes!

~Jindo

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Good luck with all ur maps.

S

STH

November 20th? that's just... 9 days. I'm working on my Hero map every day, but I won't get it fully finished before next year or something, even though I work like 2 hours every day... whatev

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
9 days? we're in october, you have ages :D!

It doesnt have to be bug-free, but the less bugs, the more points.

Also, i need 2 judges along with me :).

If you submit a previously made one, i dont mind as long as its your own map :shades:.

Good luck to all, i'll be keeping a list on the first post of contestant and judges.

EDIT: map-protects/non-protects are alright whichever you choose, sometimes protected maps can get seriously damaged though!

Also, POST YOUR MAP in this thread as an attachment, or give a link to a place where you can download it!

~Jindo

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
"If you submit a previously made one, i dont mind as long as its your own map."

I do not agree with that, if somebody has already made a very good map, he can just submit it and get rated the same way as the others, while he had a lot more time to make it.

S

STH

Ok, I found out we're in october. But I think 40 days would be a little short anyway. besides, making for example a Hero map without stealing any ideas from any other maps would be close to impossible, I think.

Sargon

Reaction score
Jindo said:
If you submit a previously made one, i dont mind as long as its your own map :shades:.

So Sud, for instance, could submit his most recent version of CoD, a map which he's been working on for quite a while, while everyone else was struggling to create a passable map in 40 days? Not at all fair, methinks.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Methinks this could pretty much only work if you only allow one type of map since different types take diferent amounts of time and work and are impossible to compare to each other. I reccomend Melee maps since they only take a short amount of time compared to other types, and 40 days is plenty of time to make a really good one.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Sargon said:
So Sud, for instance, could submit his most recent version of CoD, a map which he's been working on for quite a while, while everyone else was struggling to create a passable map in 40 days? Not at all fair, methinks.

You guys have a point, make it from scratch, i will also extend the deadline.

Also, you can do other map's ideas like a leaderboard as long as the triggers arent completely stolen.

I'll update the rules to clear things up.

~Jindo

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Im_On_56k said:
How are you going to tell it is?
I think, on this forum, we can just take their word for it.
If you're really worried, maybe have it for special members only?

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Well, now that i've changed the idea of the contest, people will have to start from scratch :eek:.

---

Anyone thinking of entering read the top again.

~Jindo

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.