Offering spell/triggering assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
salempc said:
kame hame done I am taking new abilities now, please do not request more i have plenty on thins thread, making moomooman right now!

....not quite what i was going for there buddy

when i said eye candy id dint mean a charm effect on the caster, then a firebolt spell

i as looking for something more like this

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=1254&sid=6c246920396a1c733623da3b74179d9e

that looks like a blast coming from the hero, i tried looknig at but had no idea how to customize it for my purposes

ty anyways though

S

salempc

emjlr3 said:
....not quite what i was going for there buddy

when i said eye candy id dint mean a charm effect on the caster, then a firebolt spell

i as looking for something more like this

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=1254&sid=6c246920396a1c733623da3b74179d9e

that looks like a blast coming from the hero, i tried looknig at but had no idea how to customize it for my purposes

ty anyways though

oh i see

well i can edit it once i finish the cloud strife hero thing, if you want :)

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
considering your first attempt, I dont think you have the experience for the type of spell that I am looknig for, maybe ill go ask Vex

A

Andreas

I got a map with some hero npcs. My problem is that they are not casting any of the spells I gave them. Can you make some triggers to make my heroes use their spells nicely? For example : I got a paladin and I want him to use holy light, war stomp, a aura etc. It would be also extremely cool if he would level up his skills by himself. Is there any way to do so?

Thanks for help!

S

Serret

This looks easier than it is...

I want to create a spell that gives a % bonus to damage inversely based on % hp. eg, if I am at 40% health I get a 60% bonus to damage. This is causing me trouble to code, and I crave assistance. In addition, I would like it so that as the skill goes from level 1-4, the maximum attack bonus increases from 15 - 30 - 50 - unlimited %. Ideas?

I know that you have enough to do at the moment, but lots of people seem to look at this thread so hopefully someone can give me an assessment.

And please don't just say Inner Fire cause its not that easy =P

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
maybe u could change the abilit the unit has, but only make the % approximately. Ex: 10 different abilities each increasing by 10%. Otherwise, it might lag, considering the Hp per second thing. Try using a few if thens, checking if the hp is with 10% of x.

MooMooMan

Reaction score
Darthfett said:
MooMooMan, I want to show you what i mean about the arthas jumping thing. I made the ability, but it needs some smoothing out to look more real. (Also has a few bugs, but its not a finished ability). Here it is.

WHOA!

sorry darth fett but that was So not what i was looking for.(also for some reason it gives him the war stomp ability?) it doesent do dmg, and it has an AOE i want my braver to have a target effect that does dmg to ONE unit(yes thats right your move didnt even do dmg)

Q

QuestorThews

Here is a puzzle for you...

I'm wanting to turn Holy Light into an AOE spell centered on the caster. It will heal XX HP to the caster, and then deal XX/2 to anything in a radius based on the level of the spell. Any ideas on how to do this as simply as possible? And before you ask, yes it is like the Holy Light from XHero map, but I can not open it in my editor to see how they did it.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
To MooMooMan:
Yeah, I couldn't figure out a few bugs, but I was just trying to give you a "BETA" ability idea, to maybe give you an idea on how to do it. (The war stomp ability was for the effects, but for some reason, it didnt remove the ability). The damage I forgot to add into the war stomp :)nuts:) . But I didn't know you wanted it single targeted. You could try doing it with the shockwave ability? (I don't know if you can use arc). Or something else.

Ability Request! :
I want a flamethrower that whenever it is used, it fires a fire *missile* at the unit, continuing to fire until the unit is no longer in range, the unit runs out of the charges for the item (that uses the ability, or until the unit dies. Cooldown should be around 0.2. Also, any ability ideas for a "gun arena?" I already have duck, and jump. (I used MooMooMan's ability for jump with no damage).

QuestorThews said:
I'm wanting to turn Holy Light into an AOE spell centered on the caster. It will heal XX HP to the caster, and then deal XX/2 to anything in a radius based on the level of the spell. Any ideas on how to do this as simply as possible? And before you ask, yes it is like the Holy Light from XHero map, but I can not open it in my editor to see how they did it.
Try using a 1 second duration healing rain. Also, make a dummy unit that has the same ability, doing only half damage, but only hitting enemies, and make it cast it in the same place, at the same time.

S

salempc

currently i am busy doing the cloud strife hero

braver done

blade beam - got him to jump and do a nice animation to shoot the beam, but the dummy unit doesnt seem to cast the ability lol

ill be some more days in this as i dont have infinite amounts of time, i ask you ppl to please dont request more until I notify im finished.

BTW: about the blade beam thingy, the trigger is correctly done, easy take a dummy unit and make cast, but, it appears, dies, and doesnt cast. What in the world is happening???

S

salempc

Serret said:
I want to create a spell that gives a % bonus to damage inversely based on % hp. eg, if I am at 40% health I get a 60% bonus to damage. This is causing me trouble to code, and I crave assistance. In addition, I would like it so that as the skill goes from level 1-4, the maximum attack bonus increases from 15 - 30 - 50 - unlimited %. Ideas?

I know that you have enough to do at the moment, but lots of people seem to look at this thread so hopefully someone can give me an assessment.

And please don't just say Inner Fire cause its not that easy =P

no specific base ability, I havent tried but i believe its something like this:

Event Unit attacks
Condition: something that says that unit has the ability
If/then/else for each lvl

the base is this:
Unit - Set Life of (Target of attack) to (life of target - (100 - (is there a way to put a percentage here?)

anyway i dont know if it can be done this way but i look into it later it looks interesting

MooMooMan

Reaction score
a little help for you

salempc said:
currently i am busy doing the cloud strife hero

braver done

blade beam - got him to jump and do a nice animation to shoot the beam, but the dummy unit doesnt seem to cast the ability lol

ill be some more days in this as i dont have infinite amounts of time, i ask you ppl to please dont request more until I notify im finished.

BTW: about the blade beam thingy, the trigger is correctly done, easy take a dummy unit and make cast, but, it appears, dies, and doesnt cast. What in the world is happening???

great bravers done, could you post it here so i can verify it?

next, for blade beam, you dont NEED to make him jump, since that wasnt really in the original game, should simplify matters

next your trigger for bladebeam should look like this.

event:a unit starts the effect of an ability

condition:triggering ability is equal too blade beam

actions:create 1 dummy unit at target position of ability impact.
issue order-order dummy unit to use blade beam2(or whatever u called it)
(find a way to get this one in)kill unit after issued command

remember the fist bit of art is supposed to be a targeted shockwave, then the second needs to be about 3 smaller shockwaves(thats what the dummy unit is casting) each at the same time targetting 3 different units.

S

Serret

salempc, i don't know if you got what i mean. it doesnt deal damage, its basically a passive Empower (DotA anyone) that varies in relation to % hp lost. So if at some point I'm at 30% health I will have a 70% damage boost.

btw with regard to your dying dummy unit, perhaps the casting time is greater than the generic timer i assume you have on the dummy?

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Hey did u finish my map yet? I mean i was the first one in line...

MooMooMan

Reaction score
as i recall, you were squabeling with him, wether or not to pm, post or host the map, and you hadnt decided anything, thats when the guy with the plague ward idea came in and asked for assistance, then he made that move, and i asked for a few moves after that, so actually you havent really stepped into the line yet.....

let him finish my moves then he'll do ur heroes(which i beleive you didnt give him any ideas for in any case, u would need to give him ideas, he creats the ideas, doesent think them up, thats the point of this thread.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
I sent him the map man just shut up and stay in ur own bussness!

S

Serret

amen to that

considering the people on this thread are trying to make your abilities work, you're pretty damn arrogant/selfish and insensitive to all the other people who want help too...

A

Armeggadon

need a trigger

i need a trigger so that when my unit uses an item (wood) it will create a campfire in front of him. i've tried it several times but it keeps saying that i will need the expansion (ii'm making it for RoC) and i can't figure out how.

this is my current code just in case you were wondering:

Code:
Build Fire
    Events
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Uses an item
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 2 (Blue) Uses an item
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 3 (Teal) Uses an item
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 4 (Purple) Uses an item
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 5 (Yellow) Uses an item
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 6 (Orange) Uses an item
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 7 (Green) Uses an item
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 9 (Gray) Uses an item
    Conditions
        (Item being manipulated) Equal to Wood 0001 <gen>
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Camp Fire for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))

OK i got it to work in RoC (generic unit is tft only) but now how do i make it so any Wood that i pick up will work instead of having to put in and select each individual wood

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Here do this:
Code:
Build Fire
Events: Units use item (all of the units)(u must make the event ur self)
Conditions: Item being manipulated is = Wood
Actions: Create 1 (campfire) at triggering unit locations with offest of (0,50)
If u need more help go here: Vexorians Spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.